Hosted Records Inc.
Hosted Records is an ISO certified Woman Owned Small Business. We are also a Navy Seaport-e Prime, FAA eFAST prime, GSA schedule 36 and 70 contract holder, and GPO IDIQ prime.
About Hosted Records: http://www.hostedrecords.com/
DENTAL ASSISTANT SERVICES will be rendered on-site for the inmate population incarcerated at the Federal Correctional Complex (FCC) Yazoo City, MS.
Certified Dental Assistant position details
Education and Experience:
The Dental Assistant shall possess specialty training from a licensed Dentist and/or certification from an accredited Dental Assistant school. Training must include Dental Radiology and Radiology safety.
The Dental Assistant shall be certified in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association and have a minimum of one (1) year of experience providing Dental Assistant services.
Bilingual oral communication skills and experience in a clinical correctional setting are desirable.
The Dental Assistants must possess the ability to collect and track data and enter data into the agency’s electronic system and track scheduling of patient care and must have knowledge and experience in maintaining patient medical records and confidentiality.
- Assists Dental Officer in dental specialty sections: restorative, oral surgery, periodontics, prosthetics, and examinations.
- Retrieve patient’s records and escorts patients to proper dental specialty section; seats and prepares patient for attending Dental Officer
- Assists Dental Officer by preparing dental instruments, essential materials, drugs, and medications
- Passes instruments, retracts tissues, irrigates oral cavity, and operates aspirator
- Observes patient’s responses, and assists patient for dismissal from the Dental Clinic
- Gives instructions for subsequent dental appointments
- Makes necessary entries on dental treatment records (both electronic and paper records)
- Prepares dental treatment room for the next patient
- Assists in the treatment of emergency cases
- Provides dental health education
- Dental prophylaxis
- Dental screening examination
- Preparation of patients for periodontal surgery
- Dental and periodontal charting
- Prepares places, and removes packs
- Places temporary fillings
- Places and removes rubber dams
- Maintains dental equipment
- Cleans, sharpens, and sterilizes instruments
- Performs daily inspection of equipment and makes minor repairs
- Reports defective equipment, or utilizes corrective action
- Performs routine oral prophylaxis of the clinical crowns of teeth
- Uses dental hand instruments, mechanical instruments (including ultrasonic), oral hygiene aides and
prophylaxis paste to provide necessary oral prophylactic services
- Prepares entries for patient’s records
- Selects and applies medication in proper portion and anti-cariogenic agents to surface of teeth Applies
medication prescribed by a Dental Officer to gingiva to promote healing
- Fabricates and repairs dental prosthesis and appliances under supervision
- Performs procedures pursuant to fabrication and repair of complete denture prosthesis and removable partial prosthesis
- Uses acrylic resins and porcelain as basic materials
- Takes radiographs of patients using standard and digital dental radiographic, panelipse, cephalometric, and transcranial equipment
- Obtains diagnostic quality periapical, occlusal, lateral, jaw, TMJ, and panographic radiographs
- Correctly positions patient and film
- Determines level of radiation intensity to minimize radiation exposure of patients
- Processes and saves digital radiographs to patient medical records
- Performs quality assurances on radiographic and developing equipment and safelight
- Maintains proper infection control procedures in radiographic techniques
- Sterilizes contaminated biological waste of dental clinic
- Places and finishes dental restorations, including bases and liners
- Make primary impressions and pours casts
- Selects tooth shade for composite restorations and dentures
Specific directions related primarily to unusual treatment concerning emergency professional therapy are given by the attending Dentist who explains changes in professional dental procedures that are available to resolve such problems, and render advice as needed. Guidelines consist of applicable professional practices and specific written and oral instructions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.52 – $23.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Dental assisting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Dental Radiology: 3 years (Preferred)
- oral surgery: 3 years (Preferred)
- periodontics: 3 years (Preferred)
- prosthetics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (Preferred)
Work Location: One location