Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Job title: Dentist – SCI Smithfield
Company: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Job description: THE POSITION
NOTE: THIS IS A REPOSTING OF CS-2023-44571-33930. IF YOU APPLIED UNDER THE PREVIOUS POSTING WHICH WAS OPEN FROM FEBRUARY 13, 2023 TO FEBRUARY 27, 2023, YOU CANNOT SUBMIT A NEW APPLICATION.
Maximize your individual and professional potential in a career as a Dentist with the (DOC). We render basic dental services, in a compassionate and professional manner to our inmate population. We offer an excellent compensation package, including competitive income, generous paid time off, health insurance, and an excellent retirement package.
As a Dentist in the Department of Corrections, you will enjoy clinical autonomy and a balanced lifestyle. We operate on Monday through Friday during normal business hours. There are no evening, weekend, or on call duties. You will enjoy working with experienced auxiliary staff and will have excellent managerial support. Many of our facilities are located in or near some of the most beautiful areas of Pennsylvania. Experienced dentists and recent graduates are welcome to apply.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
As a Dentist for the State Correctional Institution (SCI) at Smithfield, you will be responsible for supervising the work of the dental staff on a daily basis. You will be responsible for all aspects of the clinical services provided to the inmate population by DOC dental clinic staff.
As a Dentist you will be providing basic dental care to the inmate population and performing all dental treatment, assisting specialists in the performance of all treatment and related duties while onsite, and assuring that adequate security, tool control, and Toxic and Caustic Control are carried out within the dental office. You will be responsible for consulting with and referring inmate patients to physicians, oral surgeons, and other health care professionals.
If you have the required experience and are looking to begin an exciting career, the Department of Corrections wants to hear from you!
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the .
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment (37.5 hours/week).
- Work hours are 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
- This position is eligible for full retirement benefits at age 50 or 55.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable. Please Note: Selected candidates who are new to employment within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania will begin employment at the starting annual salary of $128,274.00 (before taxes).
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Graduation from an approved school of dentistry.
Necessary Special Requirement:
- Possession of a license to practice dentistry issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Dentistry.
is currently waived for this title. * You must be able to perform essential job functions.
- You must pass a background investigation.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- This posting requires submission of a copy of your college transcript(s). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. You may upload your document as an attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions. All documents MUST be uploaded prior to the submission of your application.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to
and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at . Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Learn more about our Total Rewards by watching this short !
Health & Wellness
We offer multiple health plans so our employees can choose what works best for themselves and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
Compensation & Financial Planning
We invest in our employees by providing competitive wages and encouraging financial wellness by offering multiple ways to save money and ensure peace of mind including multiple retirement and investment plan options.
We know there’s more to life than just work! Our generous paid leave benefits include paid vacation, paid sick leave, six weeks of paid parental leave, military leave, and paid time off for most major U.S. holidays, as well as flexible work schedules and work-from-home opportunities.*
Values and Culture
We believe in the work we do and provide continual opportunities for our employees to grow and contribute to the greater good. As one of the largest employers in the state, we provide opportunities for internal mobility, professional development, and the opportunity to give back by participating in workplace charitable giving.
Sometimes, it is the little “extras” that make a big difference. Our employees receive special employee-only discounts and rates on a variety of services and memberships.
For more information on all of these Total Rewards benefits, please visit and click on the benefits box.
*Eligibility rules apply.
Expected salary: $128274 – 174358 per year
Location: Smithfield, PA
Job date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 08:46:26 GMT
Click Here To Apply