Yoder Department Store
Yoder Department Store in Shipshewana has a great opportunity for a customer service oriented candidate with retail management experience.
Our Retail Department Manager is responsible for maintaining Guest service, generating sales, merchandising, department buying, inventory, signage, pricing, loss prevention, and housekeeping in adherence to all Company Policies. Retail Department Manager coordinates activities and development of Service Associates through scheduling tasks and managing opportunities for growth and development.
Job Qualifications: Job knowledge from previous retail or customer service experience adequate to manage all aspects of the Department to Company established standards. With the ability to read and interpret documents such as department manual. Ability to analyze and/or collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, define problems and implement action plans. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions, both oral and written. Must be a self-starter with proven leadership skills. Ability to speak effectively with guests, and develop and/or motivate Service Associates. Must be willing to take skills assessments.
Education/Training/Experience: Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D., Associates degree (AS) preferred. Computer literate and knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel; experience talking with Guests; experience in developing and motivating Service Associates desired.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- This position may require lifting (up to 50 lbs.); bending, climbing, driving equipment).
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS register system.
- Ability to communicate with Associates and Guests.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee store operations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Employee Discount
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Supervision: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Purchasing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Able and willing to work majority of Saturdays?
- One location
- Yoder Department Store
Company’s Facebook page:
- Yoder Department Store
- Waiting period may apply