Job title: DIberville High School Instructional Literary Coach
Company: Teach Mississippi
- All instructional personnel shall be certified and licensed in accordance with state law and the regulations of the Mississippi Department of Education. Such licensure and transcripts of credits shall be on file in the office of the Superintendent of Education.
- Minimum Master’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years classroom teaching experience required.
- In accordance with Mississippi Code S37-9-17, all personnel employed by the public-school system shall be required to pass a criminal background check and a current child abuse registry check.
- A satisfactory employment record.
REPORTS TO Building Principal, Assistant Principal, and Directors
To provide the leadership and expertise needed to make the teaching team most effective in its positive influence on each student.
Such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, including but not limited to:
- Coordinates all activities of the teaching team.
- Assumes responsibility for the continual improvement of the quality of instructional team.
- Serves as adviser and counselor to all student teachers assigned to them.
- Oversees and coordinates the clerical work of the team.
- Assists with the master schedule and any individual teacher scheduling problems.
- Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of resource files for the team.
- Coordinates interdisciplinary units of study with the teaching team.
- Coordinates the creation and development of special curriculum materials.
- Plans an individualized approach to the learning problems of students served by the team.
- Encourages team members in the use of new methods and materials.
- Offers in-service workshops that are deemed useful by the teachers of the team.
- Meets periodically with other team leaders to discuss new materials and programs, evaluate present programs, and consider problems of mutual concern.
- Attends pertinent conferences and conventions.
- Meets and confers with parents as necessary.
- Assists members of the team in evaluation of all students.
- Meets with Directors as scheduled.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Superintendent of Education, Assistant Superintendent of Education, and Directors.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Standard classroom materials and equipment.
Travel to school district buildings, and professional meetings as required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS, WORK HAZARDS
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Checklist of Duties for the Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
205 days annually with salary in accordance with the Administrative Salary Schedule as approved by the Harrison County School District.
Performance of the Instructional Literacy Coach will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions in the School Board Policies and Procedures.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
School Board Approval Date:
By signing below the applicant/employee acknowledges reading and understanding the requirements of the Harrison County School District Job Description.
Applicant/Employee Signature: Date:
Supervisor Signature: Date:
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Job date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 07:09:05 GMT
Click Here To Apply