Indeed is seeking a Director of Executive Compensation who will lead our Compensation team. Our employees are at the center of everything we do.
The Director of Executive Compensation will lead our Compensation team and will partner with key stakeholders to build and implement a world-class experience for our employees.
you will lead the design of the executive compensation programs and policies that enable the attraction and retention of top talent around the world. You will lead the development, implementation, and compliance of various compensation models including incentive programs, bonus plans and global compensation planning. You are an analytical thinker who enjoys working with data and knows what it takes to succeed in a high-growth, high-demand evolving tech company. This role reports to VP, Total Rewards.
The successful candidate will use a proactive and innovative approach to ensure that our executive compensation offerings are competitive, drive business results, are aligned with our culture, and are understood and valued by our people managers and employees. Must be both a strategic leader and hands-on contributor who is passionate about developing their team.
Who You Are
You have a track record of laying the strategic framework for Executive Compensation. You know how to put together a compelling and equitable compensation program for a global employee population.
You love zooming between the big picture and tactical execution. You love being in blue sky brainstorming and problem-solving sessions and you equally love distilling those ideas into execution.
You are an excellent communicator. You have a laser focus on communication to and education of our employees on all compensation and benefits programs/offerings in order to achieve awareness, deep understanding, and ultimately an appreciation of these programs/offerings.
You are comfortable thinking differently about solutions. You are not comfortable with the status quo and deeply contemplate solutions so that you are always advancing our program and offerings.
You enjoy analysis and tracking the effectiveness of programs and offerings. You balance the metrics associated with programs and offerings with the subjective feedback received from employees.
You have opinions and ideas. You are a fun sparring partner on issues strategic, organizational, and operational. You are inquisitive. You know when to keep pushing an idea and when to bring the conversation to the next steps.
You are phenomenal at prioritizing issues with competing demands. You know what needs to get handled and in what order based on impact and scope.
You pride yourself on being organized. You are a list keeper. You keep track of tasks – big and small – and always have an update.
You easily build trust with others at all levels. You tend to form genuine partnerships with others very quickly. You are a pro at influencing without authority, supporting other teams to do what they do better and better each day.
You know how to manage the global compensation team and determine strategic priorities for the group which align with overall business objectives.
You collaborate with HR Business Partners and centers of excellence (COE) to support and advise managers on compensation-related activities such as strategic new hire offers, promotions, etc.
- You have demonstrated experience leading large scale, globally dispersed compensation teams
- Minimum of 12 years of global compensation experience, preferably with a high-tech company
- You have relevant global business compensation experience.
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) a plus
- Proven success at designing and implementing compensation programs
- You have a history of proven delivery of results.
- You approach work with a consulting mindset
- You possess a robust analytical and strategic skill set
- You are extremely deadline-driven, organized, and able to multitask
- You have comfort with ambiguity and a proven ability to create clarity
- You possess the highest level of integrity and stellar judgment
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You thrive on being a strong collaborator who can work across global, cultural, and geographically dispersed teams
- You have experience managing market data collection and analysis processes and developing systems to report salary ranges and changes in local pay markets.
- You have experience Overseeing all aspects of annual compensation planning to include system readiness, communication, and budget proposal.
- You have experience advising the business on all sales compensation plans including commission structure and bonuses.
- You have experience managing the long-term incentive plan design and oversee the administration of issuing new units.
- You can conduct ongoing research for improving the effectiveness of compensation plans as it relates to market competitiveness to attract and retain employees
- You stay up-to-date on current compensation-related legislation to ensure compliance with applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee pay
- Provide professional consultation and guidance to managers and HR partners on market data and trends
Who we are
Our Human Resources team champions our culture while working tirelessly to attract and retain the best people. With HR teams in every major Indeed office globally, we value a consistent and empowering experience for all of our Indeed employees and those we hope to hire.
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits – https://benefits.indeed.jobs/
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We’re looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, September 2021)
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Salary Range Transparency
US Remote 170,000 – 240,000 USD per year
Austin 170,000 – 240,000 USD per year
New York City Metro 190,000 – 266,000 USD per year
San Fransisco Metro 200,000 – 280,000 USD per year
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals, a fair chance at employment.
View Indeed’s Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies – https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. For positions that require some in-office work or in-person client meetings, exceptions to these in-office or in-person job requirements may be made at the discretion of the business through June 2022, at which point full vaccination will be required. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
Reference ID: 42076