Mission Inn Resort & Club
Job title: Director of Corporate Finance, Acquisition, and Asset Management
Company: Mission Inn Resort & Club
Job description: MMI Hospitality Group is a tenured, service-industry focused holding company invested both in real estate and operating entities. For more than 66 years, MMI has owned and operated hotels and restaurants across the Southeast. In the last 18 months, its third-generation leadership has made acquisitions ranging from a 36-hole, Central Florida golf resort to a 92-year old dining concept based around Mississippi’s capital city. Both deals were won not only because of the distinct culture Seller’s felt comfortable handing off to, but also because of the creative and detailed underwriting approach of the team.
Currently, we are seeking someone to join our team as a Corporate Director of Finance, Acquisition and Asset Management. This position can work remotely if within a three hour drive of our home office in Flowood, MS.
While the majority of opportunities this position will be providing due diligence for will be hotel assets, we believe a knowledge of general real estate underwriting is more important than hotel-specific experience. Additionally, they will likely provide due diligence on various investment opportunities the family office is presented outside of hospitality.
Primary Job Functions of Position
- Screen and underwrite potential acquisition, Joint-Venture (JV) and new development opportunities for select-service, full-service, and boutique/lifestyle hotels or related hospitality investments along with our Corporate Director of Business Development who focused on third-party hotel management contracts.
- Conduct market research and perform due diligence in connection with the pursuit of prospective acquisition opportunities.
- Prepare pro formas, valuation analyses and review all pro formas prior to delivery to CFO and CEO.
- Preparation of high-quality PowerPoint presentations for owners, investors, and partners
- Lead in the preparation of debt financing and equity memorandums
- Explore creative deal frameworks, capital sources, and economies of scale
- Manage internal financial and market databases
- Participate in company-provided training for skills advancement and leadership development
- Communicate with co-workers, owners, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, polices, work procedures and instructions as provided
- Build a network with hotel brokers and owners to vet and source potential hotel acquisition opportunities
- Managing the flow of off-market and brokered opportunities
Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that a Corporate Director of Investments and Analysis may be asked to perform.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Outstanding critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; ability to utilize logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or avenues to problems
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for efficient solutions
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions even among seemingly unrelated events
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously, prioritize them, and communicate effectively with clients to manage expectations
- Ability to embrace a team-player role with other departments, demonstrate initiative, and ownership of projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to represent the role and MMI with utmost professionalism in various situations, including those involving external MMI partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills, including the ability to clearly explain complex analytical topics to a wide audience who may or may not be familiar with analytics or the subject matter
- Exercises discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
in joining a company with roots reaching back over 65 years in the hospitality industry. Click for more information on the benefits offered by MMI.
MMI fosters a worker environment that is inclusive as well as diverse, where our team members can be themselves. MMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Location: Flowood, MS
Job date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 08:39:40 GMT
Click Here To Apply