In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Support the efforts of management in meeting profit and growth objectives as established in the strategic business plan.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and the organizations.
- Work safely, within the company guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOP) and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
Our Core values define our culture and create an environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed.
Our core values are:
- SAFETY – The safety of our employees, customers and our communities is at the forefront of everything we do.
- PERFECTION – We relentlessly strive for perfection, to provide unmatched quality services and constantly raising the bar on our performance.
- SUSTAINABILITY – We are stewards of the environment, committed to protecting our natural resources and reducing waste.
- RESPECT – We treat all people with dignity and value the collective power of teamwork.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP – We are scrappy, bold and never satisfied with the status quo.
A Terminal level Dispatcher oversees all of the dispatch operations throughout their designated geographic region while working with Central Dispatch Department to ensure the most cost effective way to put equipment in the right areas to maximize profits on freight hauled.
Summary of essential job functions
This job includes the following duties and any other as assigned by current manager:
- Ensure that loads are dispatched to meet schedules and conditions as indicated in Contract Review.
- Maintain loaded miles and minimize deadhead miles to the extent possible
- Ensure that all loads are dispatched promptly and schedules are met. Inform the appropriate customer personnel or Customer Service Representative whenever schedules must be modified, dispatches cannot be made properly or other problems arise
- Track and trace shipments for on-time performance and proactive customer service communication.
- Maintain a customer service attitude. Coordinate with Customer Service personnel and customer representatives to ensure that services are provide in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Make sure all drivers understand where to go and when to be there as well as customer specific requirements.
- Continually improve computer skills and gain other knowledge that will enable the Dispatcher to more effectively perform the function.
- Assist management in preparing the Operating Budgets for the department as requested.
- Maintain open communications and foster harmonious working relationship with all Quantix personnel, particularly those in operations functions such as maintenance and trailer wash facilities
- Update all computer terminal records in a timely manner
- Maintain timely and effective communications with drivers through utilization of the Qualcomm System
- Complete and distribute appropriate incident and nonconformance reports as required.
- This position requires on site presence at the assigned terminal
- Provide direction on priority of trailers to be cleaned to tankwash personnel.
- Responsible for scheduling of PM’s and coordinating with Fleet Manager on assignment of spare trucks.
- Analyze freight and driver relationship to ensure best possible loaded ratio.
- Transportation industry dispatch experience
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Ability to plan efficiently with drivers and equipment to provide superior service
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Superior decision making skills
- Self Starter
- Basic computer skills
- Professional telephone manner
- TMW experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location