Job title: District Sales Manager
Company: Associated Wholesale Grocers
Job description: Published Job Title
District Sales Manager
Manager II – OS-S18210
The District Sales Manager position is responsible for the success of assigned member retailers. This includes the primary function of developing and executing plans in conjunction with assigned members to; increase same store sales, improve merchandising in stores, increase member profitability, maximize concentration of purchases through AWG to the members benefit, facilitate promotional sales events and drive member growth through expansion.
The District Sales Manager position holds the primary responsibility to achieve sales budgets at AWG within assigned districts by driving RETAIL SALES through the use of AWG products and services. This position is also responsible for leading communication efforts and problem solving between AWG and its members.
This position will cover stores in Tennessee and Mississippi. Travel is required.
Description of Work
- Consulting with members, addressing needs, developing plans, promotions and programs to ensure retail sales goals and company goals are achieved within the group.
- Regularly traveling to existing stores maintaining contact with members and to both support their success and ensure marketing / merchandising plans are executed properly to maximize member sales and profitability.
- Communication and training for retail personnel on AWG polices, procedures, and new programs as they are rolled out.
- Ensuring communication with members is current, that follow up to ideas, suggestions and concerns are completed, as well as any action items to improve service from the COOP and profitabilty of the members are achieved.
- Responding to daily phone, email and text requests from members to rectify issues and concerns related to products, services, promotions, programs, special events and special requests.
- Collaborating with Ad Coordinators to ensure ads are developed consistent with requirements of the group owners, ensuring sales are achieved as budgeted.
- Awareness and communication of AWG program options such as; price management, ad groups, promotions, not for resale, DSG, etc.
- Assisting members with expansion into digital marketing and services.
- Coordinating with AWG specialist to support member operations and drive sales
- Working with Store Brands Representatives to drive member store brands sales.
- Managing regular business reviews with the intent to improve member store success; sales and profitability
Any combination of education, training and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities are achieved:
- Understanding of AWG programs, terminology and reporting
- Understanding of retail operating statements and balance sheets
- Understanding of retail perishable operations in Meat, Produce, and Deli/Bakery
- Understanding of retail supermarket operating norms and metrics including regulations
- Ability to interpret P&L statements, including those with incomplete information.
- Ability to provide excellent negotiation skills, combined with strong communication skills.
Experience, Education and Training:
- Previous experience as grocery retail Store Director or Manager
- Experience as an AWG Ad Coordinator or previous vendor broker experience a positive.
- Strong competency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Three-five years of experience in the following areas: Store Director or Manager, Ad Coordinator or sales experience in grocery food retail.
- Perform bending, squatting, sitting, and reaching from floor level to six feet in height.
- Must be able to move throughout various buildings, conduct training at retail sites, load and unload materials and equipment.
- Must be able to lift or move at least 25 pounds and move product as needed.
- Must be able to sit in a car for long periods of time.
- Must be able to operate and travel by car both day and night.
- On a part-time basis, standard office environment.
- Additional time spent in a grocery store environment.
- Frequent overnight travel.
- Must have the flexibility and ability to work nontraditional hours as needed (before and after normal office hours and weekends).
Licensing/Certifications: Valid state driver’s license
Location: Southaven, MS
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 04:30:22 GMT
Click Here To Apply