Job title: DP 2 – Engineer, III or Sr (Utility)
Job description: Posting End Date: 08/15/2022
This position can be based out of any Entergy regional office in Arkansas, Mississippi or North Louisiana.
Position will be filled as an Engineer III or Sr depending on the candidate’s experience.
This position will support efforts associated with the Grid Modernization deployment initiatives. Engineer positions will support distribution design/engineering of projects being implemented across the 5 Entergy operating companies. This will include all detailed scoping, engineering, and design activities from projects initiated by Asset Management, Distribution Planning, Distribution Automation, and Grid Modernization initiatives.
- Develop detailed scoping and engineering plans for projects.
- Ensuring adherence to Grid Modernization standard to develop Scoping/Design/Engineering.
- Partner with subject matter experts input into the scoping such as (Project Management, DOC, Data Maintenance, Planning, Operations, Transmission).
- Review and perform quality assurance for design deliverables (internal and external design).
- Audit of design packages and construction jobs to ensure adherence of grid modernization standards.
- Assist Right Of Way group to secure permitting on an as needed basis.
- Assist with the required change management and roll out of new program development.
- Assist distribution automation organization in implementing smart devices associated with Grid Mod Projects.
- Participate in industry technical knowledge sharing and best practices sharing meetings with peer utilities.
- Accountable for the resolution of technical engineering conflicts that affect cost, schedule quality or customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical engineering expertise to respond to regulatory bodies.
- Ensure the integration of safety, reliability, operability, constructability, and configuration management practices into final products/designs/processes.
- Develop processes and tools to improve project cost, cycle time and quality.
- Coordinate switching orders necessary to facilitate Grid Modernization projects.
Minimum education required of the position
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Discipline (typically Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, and Industrial) from a four-year accredited institution.
Degrees in engineering technology (typically, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, and Industrial) from a four-year accredited institution with PE may be considered.
Desired: Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Degree
Minimum experience required of the position
Engineer III – 4+ years experience in an engineering discipline.
Engineer Sr – 6+ years experience in an engineering discipline.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
- Technical mastery of engineering principles.
- In-depth knowledge of procedures, programs, and standards in responsible area.
- Consistently drives for value in sound engineering decisions.
- Mentors other engineers and technical professionals.
- Good leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal skills along with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent math skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Good knowledge of Personal Computer operations and related software.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Required to work safely and follow all Entergy safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to recognize hazards in the workplace and have the ability to mitigate the hazards.
- Demonstrated acceptance of a diverse and inclusive work environment and customer base.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement and have the ability to enact change.
Any certificates, licenses, etc., required for the position
Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Primary Location: Arkansas-
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 107862
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.
Job date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 07:05:40 GMT
Click Here To Apply