- Communication skills
- LEED Certification
- Bachelor’s degree
- High school diploma or GED
1) Ensure Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements are followed and a priority.
2) Capable of running overhead crane remotely and forklift in a safely manner.
3) Ensure good housekeeping practices are carried out in job area and grounds.
4) Assist 1st Helper and 2nd Helper with daily operations of the furnace.
5) Support other departments as needed to strengthen BRS profitability and continual improvement efforts.
6) Assist with maintenance repairs.
7) Ensure EAF maintains appropriate supply of stick to operate during shift.
8) Support and understanding of functions of the EAF.
U. S. Steel is a leading steel producer founded in 1901. Today, we’re a greener company with an infinitely recyclable product, the world’s only LEED-certified steel mill, and an ambitious plan to reduce emissions.
We make products that make everyday life possible – automotive, construction, appliance, energy, container, and packaging industries all benefit from our innovation.
We show pride in our communities with company-sponsored employee volunteer programs, corporate contributions, partnerships in support of education, scholarships for our next generation of leaders, and many other programs. We are continually recognized for our commitment to our employees, most recently as a Most Loved Workplace (Newsweek 2021), a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality (Human Rights Campaign Foundation 2020 & 2021), and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion (Disability Equality Index 2021). It’s easy to see why U. S. Steel employees take Pride in Our Past as we Build the Future, United by Steel.
1) Quality, detail, and safety oriented; mechanically inclined and self-motivated.
2) Good insight into team dynamics with strong verbal communication skills.
3) Ability to work without direct supervision.
4) High School diploma or equivalent; college degree a plus.
5) Minimum of 1 year experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
6) Previous related experience preferred.
Manufacturing & Production
Think: Think Critically and Drive Change
Lead: Develop Talent and Collaborate
Do: Empower Performance and Deliver Results
Equal Employment Opportunity
Conducting business with integrity and with the highest ethical values has underpinned U. S. Steel’s success for over 100 years, and it remains critical to our company’s success in the future. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status. (California residents may visit www.ussteel.com/CANotice regarding collection of personal information and U. S. Steel’s privacy practices.)
Big River Steel LLC