Job title: ED Technician
Company: Franciscan Health
Job description: Franciscan Health Crawfordsville Campus
1710 Lafayette Road Crawfordsville, Indiana 47933
WHO WE ARE
With 12 ministries and access points across Indiana and Illinois, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest. Franciscan Health takes pride in hiring coworkers that provide compassionate, comprehensive care for our patients and the communities we serve.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Patient Care Assists with CPR on full arrest patients.
- Reports Completes assignments and reports to the responsible nurse.
- Regulatory Compliance Demonstrates knowledge of the hospital safety plan and acts accordingly during codes/drills.
- Hospital Safety Plan Gathers equipment to start an IV when requested (secures IV pump, tubing, IV start kit, IV catheter).
- Specimen Handling Labels and transports specimens to the laboratory.
- Patient Care Orients patient/family to surroundings and instructs on how to call for assistance.
- EKGs Performs EKGs.
- Universal Precautions Performs hand washing between patient contact. Adheres to specified isolation procedures, practicing universal precautions.
- Wound Care Performs wound care and prepares the patient for wound closure.
- Patient Care Properly identifies patient before providing care.
- Equipment Support Provides equipment for lumbar puncture, Central line, I.V. insertion, and chest tube insertion.
- Patient Care Directions Receives report/instructions from the nurse before rendering any direct patient care.
- Cardiac Rhythm Monitoring Performs cardiac monitoring duties to ensure accurate monitoring of patient condition.
- Required High School Diploma/GED
- 1 year Emergency Department and completion of ED Tech Skills Required
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – .
TRAVEL IS REQUIRED: Never or Rarely
To further Franciscan Alliance’s commitment to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace and prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our coworkers and their families; our patients, visitors, and vendors, and the community at large all Franciscan workforce members must be vaccinated, unless granted an exemption. We are committed to making the communities we serve healthier.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Location: Crawfordsville, IN
Job date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 08:58:28 GMT
Click Here To Apply