Job title: EH&S Specialist
Company: SPX Corporation
Job description: This is a position with Marley Engineered Products LLC.
Marley Engineered Products, LLC draws upon a long history of providing reliable comfort heating and ventilation solutions. We have manufacturing operations in Bennettsville, South Carolina along with regional sales representatives located throughout the United States and an administrative office in Burr Ridge, Illinois. Building on a reputation of quality and innovation, we are committed to creating Simplified Solutions for our Complex World™.
Ensure that the MEP Bennettsville facility is in compliance with all applicable State, Federal and Local laws, and regulations pertaining to facility operations while supporting a strong Continuous Improvement environment. Provide direction to ensure that the MEP provides an environment conducive to the health and safety of MEP employees and the public.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage local Safety and Environmental Programs and provide direction for the Eden facility.
- Recommend improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential.
- Establish and implement plant-wide safety communications to ensure employees are aware of potential hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Champion initiatives that identify and communicate facility risk exposures, prioritize risk reduction needs and drive closure of recommendations to reduce identified risks.
- Manages Federal, State, Local and outside agencies with routine inspections.
- Conducts day to day activities including incident review, risk assessments, action item tracking, reporting, 5S/CI events, project tracking, etc.
- Delivers, plans, tracks and creates safety and environmental training.
- Manages and leads safety board and safety recognition programs.
- Works with Business Unit Safety Manager to implement corporate and business unit safety activities.
- Works to support plant wide continuous improvement and 5S efforts. Leads 5S Audits.
- Managing, develop and monitor monthly metrics and audits for EHS
- Establish and drive continuous improvement in the facilities environmental monitoring and recordkeeping data management systems to ensure compliance with all JM policies and federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the proper onsite management and offsite disposal of solid, universal and hazardous wastes to protect water quality and comply with applicable regulations.
- Lead a plant-wide effort to eliminate solid waste by reducing process wastes, reusing, and recycling various materials.
- Ensure storm water and wastewaters are properly managed to protect ground waters and surface tributaries from potential contamination.
- Implement programs and best practices that ensure that the facility maintains continuous compliance with all storm water and spill prevention regulations.
- Communicates with leadership regarding projects, ongoing issues, and opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Safety, or a related field is required.
- 3+ years’ experience in Safety Management
- Experience in Lockout/Tagout programs and machine guarding is preferred.
- Experience in and exposure to a manufacturing operation is strongly preferred.
- Experience Forklift training is preferred.
- First Aid/ CPR Certification preferred.
- Must have Strong PC skills Computer literate with excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications. Able to develop summary graphs, tables, pivot tables, and other reports using PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Must have strong ability to work in a team environment
- Must have strong knowledge of safety regulations and programs
- Basic knowledge of EPA regulations
- Ability in coaching and advising supervisors and managers
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing a plus
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop solutions. Problems solving and data analysis skills (8D, 5Y, statistics, etc.)
- Well-organized with a systematic approach to responsibilities.
- Training and facilitation experience and capability preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Experience in managing and implementing projects
Thank you for your interest in our company.
SPX is a diversified, global supplier of infrastructure equipment with scalable growth platforms in heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), detection and measurement, and engineered solutions. With operations in 17 countries and approximately $1.4 billion in annual revenue, we offer a wide array of highly engineered products with strong brands.
SPX TOTAL REWARDS
At SPX , what’s in it for our employees transcends market-competitive compensation and benefits. Our Total Rewards program also includes opportunities for employees’ personal development, career growth, and recognition. These programs focus on alignment and assessment of organizational, team, and individual efforts toward achieving business results. Our development and career growth programs empower our employees to enhance their skills, develop new competencies, and pursue career goals. SPX benefits package provides choices designed to help employees manage their well-being. Our compensation programs are performance-based to recognize and reward employees who work hard, display the values and leadership practices we embrace, and deliver exceptional results.
At SPX, our values are at the heart of everything we do. We use our values every day to help us make the right decisions. We embrace a common purpose and strive for improvement. We respect and value each other as individuals and recognize that only by working together, as a team, can we reach our full potential. We take responsibility for our actions, build strong relationships with each other and our customers, and always act ethically. Our values inspire us to achieve the high standards of quality, safety, and performance that our customers expect and deserve.
WORKING AT SPX
Our work environment is established on a work-life philosophy supported by policies, programs, and practices that help employees achieve success within and outside the workplace. We believe in creating an inclusive work environment where employees strive to realize their fullest potential. We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer committed to making selection decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.
Location: Bennettsville, SC
Job date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 08:44:25 GMT
Click Here To Apply