Job title: Electrical I&C Engineer, Levels I, II, III, or Senior (Nuclear)
Job description: Posting End Date:
Work Place Flexibility: Onsite
At Entergy, we power life today and for future generations. With approximately 5,000 megawatts of nuclear capacity, Entergy has a proud history of producing nuclear clean air electricity.
Our nuclear safety culture is strong, and our performance record has proven us to be a clean, reliable, and affordable provider of electricity for our household customers in our utility areas of the southern U.S. and to our commercial customers in other parts of the country.
Entergy Nuclear is a business unit of Entergy Corporation that employs approximately 4,000 highly skilled and dedicated professionals. As a community partner, we are invested in the economic success of the towns, schools, and families we support in five states.
We invite you to learn more about Entergy Nuclear and the nuclear clean air energy that we supply for our nation.
- This position may be filled as an Engineer II, III or Sr. depending on qualifications and experience.*
Responsible for design engineering modifications for major Electrical and Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) projects (
$20 million) at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station.
- Work closely with the Supv, Project Engineering to oversee the development of drawings, specifications and designs for major project plant modifications. Ensure project modfication designs maintain the plant design basis and represent the optimum design alternative.
- Deliver timely, constructible, economic and maintenance friendly modification designs in support of plant needs
- Coordinate project design engineering activities with plant departments to minimize plant and system downtime and maximize plant power generation.
- Ensure good engineering practices are used and comply with nuclear and corporate processes, practices and procedures.
- Interface with regulatory and industry representatives on behalf of major projects.
- Ensures fleet lessons are learned and good practices implemented.
Minimum education required of the position
B.S. Degree from an ABET Accredited College in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Degree with I&C experience or equivalent work experience (equivalent experience defined as demonstrated success at the engineer/technical specialist level.)
Minimum experience required of the position
Engineering degree or equivalent.
Engineer II: 2+ years experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level
Engineer III : 4+ years experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level
Engineer, Sr: 6+ years experience in nuclear design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Good to excellent communication skills. Experience / proficiency in PC use and applications, depending upon engineering level.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
- Previous experience with design of I&C modifications, with particular emphasis in control system digital upgrades is desired.
- Previous experience with Emerson/Westinghouse Ovation digital platform is desired.
- Desired: RO/SRO license or certification; Professional Engineering license.
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson
Job Function: Engineering
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 108769
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 06:40:21 GMT
Click Here To Apply