State of South Carolina
Job title: Eligibility Specialist II (MAGI) / 61100007
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: *This is a Temporary Grant position.*
The Agency’s mission is to be boldly innovative in improving the health and quality of life for South Carolinians.
This position is located in Eligibility, Enrollment and Member Service (EEMS) Processing Center, Spartanburg County.
Are you the One? We are looking for an Eligibility Specialist II (MAGI) who determines/re-determines Medicaid eligibility according to Medicaid policies and procedures. This position collects and evaluates documentation from applicants to determine individual and family eligibility for the program. Eligibility Specialists complete all assigned eligibility determinations, reviews, and changes in an accurate and timely manner.
- Uses various information sources, electronic tools, and systems provided by the Department to collect, assemble, evaluate, and act upon information provided by applicant/beneficiaries and third parties to make timely eligibility determinations, reviews, and changes of circumstance. Follows policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of applications and documentation and collects additional information for beneficiaries as necessary with the least burden to the applicant/beneficiary as possible. Performs follow-up activities in an efficient and effective manner, using the communication method most appropriate for obtaining outstanding information in a timely manner. Documents all notes and steps clearly and completely for review and hand-off to other specialists.
- Demonstrates proficiency in utilizing all processes, policies, procedures, and system updates to ensure that all eligibility determinations, reviews, and changes are completed accurately with satisfactory documentation. Makes accurate determinations of eligibility based on the rules and standards detailed by the Department and defined in written performance standards. Resolves discrepancies in case determinations or documentation a timely manner. Follows appropriate escalation processes as outlined in eligibility process documentation. Labels all documentation, records decision and notes clearly and accurately in the appropriate systems of record.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and communication style, ensuring that communication and interactions with co-workers, supervisors, and beneficiaries is clear, polite, and concise. Participates in customer service and privacy training and ensures that confidential or private information is maintained in accordance with State and Federal law as articulated through departmental policies and training.
- Attends all mandatory meetings, trainings, and events as directed by supervisory staff and agency leadership. Maintains awareness of and complies with all agency policies, to include privacy, confidentiality, standards of conduct, performance, leave and compensation, vehicle use and travel, and financial controls. Maintains appropriate certification and training to perform emergency management evacuation and shelter duties as necessary. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisory staff and agency leadership.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services offers an exceptional benefits package for FTE and TGE positions that includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and Children.
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year.
- 15 days sick leave per year.
- 13 paid holidays.
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs.
A high school diploma and relevant program experience in customer services, social services, human services, and/or Medicaid processing.
A bachelor’s degree may be substituted for the required program experience.
- Overtime and/or weekend work with Deputy approval.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Lifting requirements: 20 lbs.
- Eligibility Specialists must have a familiarity with computers, standard Microsoft Office software, internet browsers, and the ability to read, write, and speak English in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical computations.
- Eligibility Specialists must be able to work in a professional office environment with a diverse group of teammates and provide excellent customer service either face to face, telephonically or through written communication.
- Eligibility Specialists must be able to learn, retain, and apply information about federal rules and standards for processing Medicaid eligibility determinations.
- Specialists must maintain productive workspaces and must perform tasks in an effective manner to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of eligibility determinations.
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application for qualification purposes. All applicants must apply online. All correspondence from the Office of Human Resources will be through electronic mail.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Expected salary: $29061 – 53769 per year
Location: Spartanburg County, SC
Job date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 08:52:04 GMT
Click Here To Apply