State of South Carolina
Job title: Engineer/Engineering Associate II
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: Careers at DHEC: Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork, Embracing Service, and Advancing Equity
DHEC IS HOSTING A CAREER FAIR!
Join us Thursday, March 30th, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center for our state-wide Career Fair! and view details.
This position is located in the RCRA Permitting and Corrective Action Section of the Waste Management Division of the Bureau of Land and Waste Management. The individual will review engineering reports and permit applications for the purposes of permitting facilities that treat, store, or dispose of hazardous waste and interact with internal and external customers in order to implement hazardous waste program requirements.
- Review and evaluate for completeness hazardous waste corrective action workplans and reports
- Review RCRA permit applications, closure plans, permit modifications and other hazardous waste permitting documents
- Conduct technical meetings with industry representative, public officials and consultants
- Provide technical assistance to internal and external customers
- Conduct site inspections and visits
- Perform related duties as required
A master’s degree in engineering; or a bachelor’s degree in engineering and one year of experience in environmental engineering; or a bachelor’s degree in engineering and two years of experience as an engineer.
The education must qualify the applicant to become registered as a Level A Professional Engineer in South Carolina and must meet one of the education requirements outlined on the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulations website found at:
If the applicant is utilizing the ‘substantially equivalent education’ pathway, the approval letter from LLR must be final at time of application.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with colleagues, the regulated community and the public
- Knowledge of engineering principles with environmental applications
- Must have the ability to access non-traditional work environments
- Occasional overnight travel
- Must have a valid driver’s license, 10-year driving record that complies with State and Agency Fleet guidelines, and the ability to drive a state vehicle
Applicants indicating college credit or degree(s) on the application may upload an unofficial copy of the transcript as an attachment to the application. Please note that the agency will require an official, certified copy of the transcript or diploma prior to hiring.
Institutions of higher learning must be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Knowledge of the South Carolina Hazardous Waste Management Regulations
- Knowledge of the RCRA Permitting and Corrective Action Programs
- Engineer in Training license
SC DHEC is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employing agency. We are committed to a diverse workforce. SC DHEC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
- This Department will not sponsor H1B visas for this position
- If this position requires the applicant to possess a valid driver’s license to operate a state vehicle or personal vehicle, any applicant being considered in the final stages of selection for the position will be required to provide a certified copy of a 10-year driving record
The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control offers an exceptional benefits package for FTE positions that includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and Children
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs
- Flexible Schedules: alternate or remote work schedules may be available
Expected salary: $58886 – 61323 per year
Location: Richland County, SC
Job date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 08:48:24 GMT
Click Here To Apply