Job title: Engineer – Nuclear Fuels & Analysis
Job description: Posting End Date: 05/24/2022
*This position will be filled as an Engineer I, II, III or Sr based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. *
JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE RESPONSIBLE FOR ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- THE ENGINEERING ACTIVITIES WHICH PROVIDE FOR SAFE, RELIABLE, AND EFFICIENT DESIGN, FABRICATION, AND USE OF NUCLEAR FUEL FOR THE ENTERGY NUCLEAR FLEET
- THE ENGINEERING AND BUSINESS SUPPORT ACTIVITIES RELATED TO THE PROCUREMENT AND USE OF NUCLEAR FUEL FOR THE ENTERGY NUCLEAR FLEET; OR
- THE ENGINEERING ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH REACTOR ENGINEERING GOVERNANCE AND OVERSIGHT.
- Responsible for reload project management as well as activities associated with the fabrication and transportation of fuel, including contract management.
- Responsible for fuel cycle and core design including strategic fuel design evaluations. Maintains detailed core models to support site reactor engineering or other plant functions. Responsible for maintaining reactor physics and fuel criticality expertise, and for supporting the analytical and design bases on which each plant was licensed.
- Provide analysis capability or technical oversight of contracted analyses.
- Employs barriers to ensure that fuel is operated in safe and reliable manner, such that neither an unplanned criticality, a fuel failure due to exceeding design limits, nor a violation of plant design or licensing basis occurs.
- Responsible for reload support activities. Ensures that engineering work is performed and programs are implemented consistent with defined standards. Ensures that fleet lessons are learned and good practices are implemented.
- Helps ensure that each site follows excellent practices in reactivity management, core monitoring/burnup, core component activities, fuel reliability, special nuclear material accounting, operations support, spent fuel pool inventory management, core reload team support, fuel receipt and inspection, physics startup testing, refueling, fuel movement, and dry cask fuel selection.
Minimum education required of the position:
- B.S. degree in Nuclear Engineering, or a closely related discipline or equivalent experience. (Equivalent experience is defined as demonstrated success at the Engineer level. A master’s degree in engineering or business administration is preferred.)
Minimum experience required of the position:
- Engineer I: 0 – 2 years experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level.
- Engineer II: 2+ years experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level.
- Engineer III: 4+ years experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level.
- Engineer Sr: 6+ years experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level.
- Desired: 5 years nuclear experience in reactor engineering, safety analysis, fuel engineering, or equivalent.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position:
- Technical proficiency in nuclear fuel management.
- Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operation.
- Outstanding communication, conflict management, and change management skills.
- Proficiency with current computer business applications.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position:
- Professional Engineering (Nuclear discipline) license preferred.
- Reactor operator license preferred.
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson
Job Function: Engineering
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 2
Req ID: 106129
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Thu, 12 May 2022 07:41:56 GMT
Click Here To Apply