Job title: English Language Development Specialist K-12 World Language
Company: Commonwealth Charter Academy
Job description: Working from one of our Family Service Centers, the English Language Development Specialist is responsible for identifying and processing newly enrolled English Learners, monitoring their placement and progress, and administering the state mandated ACCESS test.
In order to be successful in any role at CCA, employees must carry out all responsibilities in such a way that demonstrates and models the values of CCA, abides by all standards and behaves in a professional and engaged manner at all times.
The English Language Development Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Identify potential English Learners as the Home Language Survey and Family Interview are completed.
- Develop a process to effectively screen potential EL students using the WIDA Screener exam.
- Communicate results of WIDA Screener and recommend student placements based on those scores.
- Work with Special Education Managers to determine placements for dually-identified students.
- Facilitate monthly meetings and documentation to support continued conversations on dually-identified students.
- Strategically support teachers and special education case managers in identifying and implementing appropriate accommodations and modifications in English Learner courses.
- Work with the EL Manager and Director of Assessments to plan, schedule, and staff annual ACCESS tests.
- Coordinate all technology needs to implement accommodations at test sites statewide.
- Recommend and oversee budgets as they pertain to travel and location arrangements.
- Train test administrators/proctors for ACCESS tests.
- Organize and deliver routine professional development for the EL team on ACCESS testing procedures and certification requirements.
- Attend trainings provided by the PA Department of Education, Intermediate Units, etc. as they pertain to testing requirements and student-level data reporting.
- Maintain confidential and thorough records.
- Oversee the post-test process to include, but not be limited to, organizing and shipping booklets to DRC, some analysis of student-level data, and the upload and distribution of testing results to staff, families, and students.
- Work with the School Reporting Coordinator to ensure that necessary data runs are conducted.
- Assist executive staff in organizing data for reporting purposes.
- Provide updates on testing requirements, costs and organization, monthly to the EL Manager and leadership team.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met with PDE/DRC data input requests.
- Maintain ongoing communication with staff, families, and students on testing related items.
- Display the highest level of ethical and professional behavior as well as establish a professional rapport with administrators, colleagues, parents, students and school personnel.
- Willing to travel for state testing events, which may require some overnight travel.
- Demonstrate the organizational skills necessary to plan, implement, and execute statewide screening and ACCESS testing.
- Facilitate communication between personnel, students and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills and attention to details
- Ability to work effectively both with and without supervision
- Highly detail-oriented and analytical
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs)
- Thoroughness as well as Collaboration Skills
- Customer focused approach with a high degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment with a team player track record
- Ability to work remotely, if necessary
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours, as needed
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other office equipment.
This is largely a sedentary role. Requires the ability to lift, squat, sit, bend or stand as necessary. Ability to travel to other sites/locations as needed.
- 11-month (220 day)
- Travel is required throughout Pennsylvania.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Education
- English as a Second Language Program Specialist Certification K-12
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Principal Certification or Supervisory Certification
- Experience administering ACCESS tests
Preferred Education and Experience
- Principal Certification or Supervisory Certification
- Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership
- Special Education Certification
- Reading Certification
- ESL Certification
- 3 years cyber teaching or supervising experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Appropriate Automobile Insurance Coverage
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Commonwealth Charter Academy is an equal opportunity employment, educational and service organization.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Job date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 06:10:08 GMT
Click Here To Apply