State of South Carolina
Job title: Environmental Engineering Associate I – Repost
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: Job Responsibilities
Careers at : Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork, Embracing Service, and Advancing Equity
**This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are under consideration and need not reapply.**
This position serves as an Air Permit Engineering Associate; drafting air construction and operating permits that meet the requirements of state and federal regulations.
- Analyze/evaluate air pollution sources and control equipment (through plans and specifications) located at industrial facilities for proposed construction/modification
- Issue construction permits for these facilities as needed according to state/federal law
- Analyze/evaluate applications and supporting data and issue operating permits as neededaccording to state/federal law
- Attend public hearings, meetings; serve as state expert witness in court proceedings andadministrative hearings
- Plan and conduct site visits to determine conformance with approved plans/specifications
Consult with industrial officials concerning regulations and air pollution control
Minimum and Additional Requirements
A bachelor’s degree in engineering.
The education must qualify the applicant to become registered as Professional Engineer in South Carolina and must meet one of the education requirements outlined on the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and, Regulations website. If the applicant is utilizing the ‘substantially equivalent education’ pathway, the approval letter from LLR must be final at time of application.
Institutions of higher learning must be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- An engineer in training (EIT) is desirable along with the ability and educational background to become a registered professional engineer
- Environmental and/or air permitting experience (knowledge of the Clean Air Act; knowledge of industrial processes and the associated pollution control equipment)
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Desire to serve the public
The SC Department of Health and Environmental Control offers an exceptional
benefits package for FTE positions that includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and, Children
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- Paid Parental Leave
- 13 paid holidays
and Flexible Schedules:
The option to work partially remote or obtain a alternate work schedule maybe available after six (6) months of employment.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control is committed to providing
equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.
If this position requires the applicant to possess a valid driver’s license to operate a state vehicle or personal vehicle, any applicant being considered in the final states of selection for the position will be required to provide a certified copy of a 10-year driving record.
The Department will not sponsor H1B visas for this position.
Expected salary: $48045 – 50394 per year
Location: Richland County, SC
Job date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 08:50:23 GMT
Click Here To Apply