Job title: Environmental Scientists
Company: Property Solutions Inc
Job description: Description:
An established and respected Environmental and Engineering firm in South Jersey seeks to add a Environmental Scientist with demonstrated experience (five years plus) working on projects for a broad range of clients in NJ and surrounding states (PA, DE and NY). The ideal candidate will thrive in a collaborative team environment, bring enthusiasm and professionalism every day, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and balance field/office responsibilities.
- Coordinate and conduct subsurface investigations, UST closures, and various types of remediations;
- Oversee and coordinate subcontractors (drillers, geophysical consultants, remediation contractors, laboratories);
- Manage tasks associated with the implementation of field activities and report preparation;
- Collect environmental samples (soil, groundwater, soil gas, indoor air, surface water, sediment) in accordance with applicable sampling protocol;
- Document field activities accurately (i.e., prepare field notes, boring logs, chain of custody, photographs, and collect measurements and GPS coordinates);
- Interpret analytical data, prepare data tables, and summaries of findings; and
- Prepare technical reports for submittal to clients, and regulatory agencies (i.e., NJDEP, NYSDEC, and PADEP).
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, geology or related field;
- 5+ years’ conducting sampling (air, soil vapor, soil, groundwater);
- 5+ years’ overseeing well installations and logging soils;
- 5+ years’ writing Phase II subsurface investigation reports;
- Experience preparing data tables and submitting EDDs;
- 3+ years’ working on projects in NJ (with working knowledge of NJDEP regulations, guidance, forms, reporting, and sampling procedures);
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and current 8-hour refresher
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Attention to detail and ability to identify deficiencies;
- Resourcefulness, creativity and initiative;
- Ability to work independently while contributing to the team;
- Desire and ability to travel across New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania, and regionally; and
- Willingness to learn and perform a variety of assignments
Our employees are offered a competitive salary and a robust benefit package that includes paid time off, company paid holidays, Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, company provided life insurance, group 401k plan with match and on the job training with advancement opportunities.
EEO Statement: Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 08:49:12 GMT
Click Here To Apply