Job title: Equipment Operator II
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: Notice to Applicant: Pursuant to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Omnibus COVID-19 Health Care Staff Vaccination Interim Final Rule (IFR), the South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs (SCDDSN) has established COVID-19 vaccination requirements and exemptions for staff who provide any care, treatment, or other services in Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICFs/IID). This position is subject to this requirement. You may contact Human Resources for further information or review SCDDSN Directive 413-11-DD at .
About Our Agency
The South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs (DDSN) is the state agency that plans, develops, coordinates, and funds services for South Carolinians with the severe, lifelong disabilities of:
- intellectual disability and related disabilities
- autism spectrum disorder
- traumatic brain injury
- spinal cord injury and similar disability
About Whitten Regional Center
Whitten Regional Center is a residential facility of the South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs located in Clinton, SC serving residents with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The purpose of this position is to transport food carts to units and bring back dirty food carts. Pushes dirty food carts into dishwashing area. Cleans food service areas, truck, and equipment to ensure that prescribed standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained.
1. Drives the food truck. Delivers food carts, and records delivery time. Takes used food
carts back to the dish room.
2. Delivers snacks and supplements.
3. Performs routine maintenance on food trucks.
4. Delivers food carts, snacks and supplements in a timely manner.
5. Assists in maintaining sanitation of the food service department, per DHEC regulations
and departmental rules.
6. Ensures hygiene and sanitation procedures are followed according to DHEC and Food Service Department policies.
7. Ensures that timesheets are completed. Maintains break times, in accordance with
8. Helps in all areas of kitchen when necessary. A 10th grade education. Position requires a valid driver’s license. Experience in the operation or maintenance of heavy equipment, motorized vehicles or machinery that is directly related to the area of employment. Knowledge of safety practices relevant to the area of employment. Knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment, and vehicles. Knowledge of state laws pertaining to the operation of equipment upon state highways. Skill in the operation of assigned equipment or vehicles. Ability to detect mechanical failures and repair them. Ability to perform manual work requiring good physical condition. Must maintain Defensive Driving and CPR certification. EEO Statement: SC DDSN provides affirmative action and equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex –including the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements: Pursuant to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Omnibus COVID-19 Health Care Staff Vaccination Interim Final Rule (IFR), the South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs (DDSN) has established COVID-19 vaccination requirements and exemptions for staff who provide any care, treatment, or other services in Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICFs/IID). You may contact Human Resource for further information or review SCDDSN Directive 413-11-DD.
Record Check: Criminal background check will be conducted by SLED, FBI, and DSS Child Registry that indicates no record of conviction, child abuse or neglect. Employment would also be contingent on your passing a pre-employment drug test. DDSN reserves the right to rescind any employment offer in the event our review of your background develops information, including opinions of previous employer or colleagues that cause us to conclude, at our sole discretion, that you are not suited for the position.
Immunization: If this position requires the applicant to work directly with DDSN consumers, a (2) step PPD testing or QuantiFERON TB Gold testing must be completed prior to beginning employment. All new employees who are healthcare providers are required to provide documentation of immunity or be immunized against measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, Varicella and Hepatitis B prior to beginning employment.
State Disaster Plan: In accordance with the State’s Disaster Plan, which includes hazardous weather, DDSN employees may be required to work in times of an emergency or disaster.
College Transcripts: Applicants indicating college credit or degree(s) on the application are required to provide an official, certified copy of the transcript prior to hiring or within a specific time frame required by that area, after hiring.
Driving Record: If this position requires the applicant to possess a valid driver’s license to operate a state vehicle or personal vehicle, any applicant being considered in the final stages of selection for the position will be required to provide a certified copy of a 10-year driving record.
Employee Referral: The South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs supports a Referral Incentive Reward and a Retention Bonus program. You may contact Human Resource for further information.
Supplemental Questions: Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Expected salary: $19628 – 36319 per year
Location: Laurens County, SC
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 07:40:47 GMT
Click Here To Apply