Job title: Family Support Specialist – Bartholomew County
Company: New Hope Services, Inc.
Job description: Family Support Specialist – Bartholomew County
Family Support Specialists provide home visitation services to new and expecting parents by providing support, developmental assessments, and counseling in areas such as: child development, parenting, stress management, crisis management, childcare, effects of child abuse and neglect.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Be trained and thoroughly understand the guiding principles of Healthy Families America by attending CORE Training, BASIC Training and all related trainings as requested by Supervisor or Director
- Provide Counseling to parents during home visits in areas such as: child development, parenting, stress management, crisis management, childcare, effects of child abuse and neglect
- Responsible to make independent and discretionary decisions for the welfare of the clients
- Ensure that enrolled clients receive 75% of the home visits they are scheduled to receive based upon level of service criteria
- Provide transportation to families, as needed, for Healthy Families related services
- Documentation Responsibilities a) Enter information regarding home visits on a weekly basis into HVTIS and have this information prepared for Supervisor prior to weekly supervision in accordance with supervisory instruction b) Maintain all contact records and necessary paperwork for client files and enter into HVTIS no later than the 1st of each month for activities that occurred the previous month c) Complete Individual Family Support Plan with 90% of families within 45 days of enrollment and subsequent IFSPs in a timely manner as required by program guidelines d) Complete the DLC with 80% of families within 45 days of enrollment e) Perform ASQ-3 on 90% of target children in a timely manner, consistent with Healthy Families guidelines, and repeat the screen in two weeks for failed screenings f) Refer and link 90% of families to appropriate community resources and document and follow up on these referrals in HVTIS g) Ensure that 90% of families are linked to a medical provider and record this information into HVTIS h) Monitor and document in HVTIS that 95% of children are completing basic immunizations and attending well child visits i) Make 100% of first home visits prenatally or prior to child’s 90 day birthday j) Complete certification for First Aid and CPR k) Be willing to respond, when off duty, for emergency needs of clients l) Attend all required Healthy Families Team Meetings and scheduled supervision m) Maintain confidentiality regarding all client contact, personal, and financial matters of the Corporation n) Contribute to the New Hope Services, Inc. team to accomplish service area goals o) Carry a caseload that meets the standards for Healthy Families Indiana, Full-time Equivalent of 30 points.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU: Opportunities for professional growth and development Paid Training Opportunities. Competitive benefit package with holiday pay and vacation time. Referral Bonus Program, Family-oriented environment, Casual dress, Employee Appreciation Events.
HIRING BONUS AVAILABLE – $500 hiring bonus available for qualifying staff with funds provided by My Healthy Baby grant
Based in Jeffersonville, Indiana, New Hope Services has a rich history of meeting human services needs for the past 60 years. It is one of the largest and most successful nonprofit organizations in the region, with services in 20 counties across Indiana. New Hope’s focus is in three primary divisions: Adult Services, Family Services, and Housing & Community Development. Our incredible clients include families, seniors, and adults with developmental disabilities. Con sede en Jeffersonville, Indiana, New Hope Services tiene una rica historia de satisfacer las necesidades de servicios humanos en los últimos 59 años. Es una de las organizaciones sin fines de lucro más grandes y exitosas de la región, con servicios en 20 condados en todo Indiana. El enfoque de New Hope está en tres divisiones principales: Servicios para adultos, Servicios para familias y Desarrollo de vivienda y comunidad. Nuestros increíbles clientes incluyen familias, personas mayores y adultos con discapacidades del desarrollo.
1. Ability to work a flexible schedule
2. Ability to make decisions in stressful situations
3. Desire to support and strengthen families
4. Knowledge of child development
5. Bi-lingual in Spanish and English preferred
6. Must possess a valid state driver’s license, proof of insurance coverage per company policy, and have a vehicle that is reliable for transportation of consumers
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree, Council for Higher Education Accreditation ( CHEA) approved, in Social Services field such as Sociology, Psychology, or Social Work or other degrees deemed applicable in accordance with established service standards required.
2. Two years professional experience with children and families preferred
Location: Columbus, IN
Job date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 07:26:11 GMT
Click Here To Apply