Job title: Family Therapist / Counselor
Job description: THE CENTER FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
FAMILY THERAPIST / COUNSELOR (MISSISSIPPI)
Provide a range of home-based services and group therapy to families according to individual family needs including:
- Assessing and treating individuals, families, and groups to achieve more adequate, satisfying, and productive family and social environments.
- Address a wide array of relational issues within the context of the family system.
- Addressing individuals holistically and contextually.
- Conduct group counseling sessions as required by program
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or equivalent degree; experience with families and children preferred.
- Must be working towards or have obtained LMFT or LPC License.
- Willingness to provide hands-on, in-home concrete services.
- Must have respect for cultural differences and families’ rights to self-determination.
- Must be able to assess situations quickly, and have sufficient ingenuity to cope with limited resources.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
- Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
The Family Therapist/Counselor is hired by the Clinical Director. The Family Therapist/Counselor reports directly to the Program Coordinator who is responsible for his/her performance evaluations. The Therapist/Counselor meets once a week with the Program Coordinator for clinical supervision. When a crisis arises, the Therapist/Counselor will inform the Program Coordinator immediately.
- Demonstrate acceptable level of commitment to the Core Values and Mission of The Center for Children and Families.
- Provide intensive individual and family therapy as well as facilitate group counseling sessions per program requirements.
- Maintain contact and face to face visits with entire caseload as per program requirements.
- Maintain all confidential information.
- Be available 24 hours a day for crisis counseling if needed.
- Be available by phone to clients, collaterals and coworkers on a consistent basis.
- Provide aftercare sessions as needed.
- Advocate for clients with community agencies/collaterals as needed.
- Complete all necessary training.
- Attend weekly clinical supervision with the Program Coordinator/Clinical Director to discuss cases.
- Attend weekly clinical consultation with Program Consultant per program requirements.
- Maintain communication with community agencies and resource providers within his/her assigned region.
- Provide Assistance to Family Advocates, where applicable, by assisting with the coordination of community resources for the children and families.
- Provide assistance to Family Advocates, where applicable, in maintaining and organizing program files.
- Provide assistance to the Program Coordinator/Clinical Director as needed and when requested.
- Attend staff meetings and assist in the evaluation of the program.
- Generate and maintain case notes and treatment plans.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance and consultation for other staff members as needed and when requested.
- Participate in peer file reviews monthly.
- Complete work time sheets weekly.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and meetings as requested by the Program Coordinator/Director.
- Participate in performance evaluations of this position as directed by the Clinical Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Clinton, MS
Job date: Sat, 20 May 2023 07:24:41 GMT
Click Here To Apply