RLA Engineering, LLC
- Project management
- Hand tools
- Microsoft Excel
- Computer skills
- High school diploma or GED
Job Title: Field Technical Rep Department: WS
Expected Weekly Hours: 40* Reports to: *Operations Manager
The Field Technical Rep is responsible for supporting onsite customer (end user) IT related issues covering the client’s portfolio of PC and printer products. If you enjoy customer facing and relationship-based work involving reducing customer down time due to product technical issues, this position is for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become an expert in the specs/operations of the client’s product line
- Triage and manage customer technical service requests
- Take action on requests including collaboration with broader product development team to yield solutions, responding with the appropriate level of urgency and priority as outlined in the customer service level agreements (SLA)
- Understand the impact of down time to a customer’s business to determine best next steps towards resolution
- Provide onsite hardware and software troubleshooting support and work with broader product development team to determine electro-mechanical issue root cause and recommended fixes
- Keep onsite customers in the loop of problematic issues that require extended time to resolve
- Recommend to customers and implement alternative solutions for temporary or long term fixes to equipment technical issues
- Provide customers status and final reports on troubleshooting efforts (e.g., 5-step process), root cause analysis and ultimate solution
- Perform other duties as needed
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in one of the following, or related, roles: field service technician, onsite customer care center and/or remote customer care center
- Experience working independently at a customer site
- Experience troubleshooting electro-mechanical commercial products
- This includes working with standard hand tools, replacement parts, etc.
- Experience properly dispositioning defective hardware
- Experience working with a customer ticketing system
- Experience with commercial printing applications on various media such as latex, car wraps, banners, etc.
- Background and working knowledge of troubleshooting hardware and software equipment/products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent email, telephone and virtual meeting etiquette
- Customer service orientated, ensuring needs are met in a timely fashion
- Ability to talk through a data problem and come up with a way to resolve challenges
- Ability to take opportunities for continuous improvement and implement documented process improvements
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently; demonstrated organization, problem-solving, project management, and time management skills
- Demonstrated strong ability to remotely work well within a team environment, or independently; strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; ability to work and interact effectively with team members from other disciplines, cultures, and organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively inform and present ideas confidently and persuasively to peers and managers
- Ability to take initiative to ask questions, ask for help, or provide updates, without reluctance
- Ability to meet the eligibility requirements for working in the US without RLA sponsorship for employment visa status
- Strong computer skills that include proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio), Teams and SharePoint
- Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the duties of the position.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This role may use standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.45 – $26.30 per hour