UGI Utilities, Inc
Job title: Fixed Asset Accounting Utilities (Partially Work From Home)
Company: UGI Utilities, Inc
Job description: UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company committed to delivering reliable, safe and affordable energy to our 700,000 customers in 45 counties in Pennsylvania and 1 county in Maryland. We pride ourselves on being a responsive, engaging energy company. The foundation of our success lies in the strength of our 1,700 plus employees who strive to exceed the expectations of our customers and the communities we serve every day.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance
- disability plans
- 401(k) matched savings plan
- paid vacation
- company stock purchase program
- wellness programs
- tuition reimbursement
- paid parental leave
- paid volunteer time
- adoption assistance
The Fixed Asset Accounting Functional Lead is a senior position that provides thought leadership in optimizing and evolving UGI’s investments in PowerPlan and SAP S/4 ERP. This position supports business users from UGI’s regulated Utilities and Energy Midstream Market company. The position serves as an interface between business users and IT personnel, providing day-to-day solution support. The position also participates in the development of functionality enhancements and strategic projects, and contributes to the functional and integration testing
Duties and Responsibilities
Solution support: Reviews reported incidents and change. Works with business SME’s and IT resources to diagnose/resolve incidents, and to analyze functionality change requests. Manages assigned incident and change request tickets to resolution. Help document root cause analysis of problems.
Solution Evolution: Identifies opportunities for optimization of solutions. Works collaboratively with business and IT resources to analyze and submit functional enhancements for prioritization. Gathers and interprets requirements for fixed asset accounting and capital budgeting and planning. Documents results of analyses, including requirements, process maps, business cases. Leads and documents results of business prioritization meetings. Represents business priorities a cross functional prioritization meetings.
Quality Assurance: Develops use cases for testing, supports the development of test scripts for testing, and executes functional and integration testing Assists in managing UAT.
Reporting & Information: Works with the BI team to implement changes in reports and analytics.
Training Support: Contributes to the development and update of training content. Provides contents for communication of changes. Participates in the development of user surveys and resulting action plans. Supports and participates in the end user learning activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of fixed asset accounting processes
- Business/system analysis skills, including requirements gathering, process mapping, requirements documentation, use case development, and testing
- Working knowledge of SAP ERP and Power Plan functionality
- Ability to facilitate discussions, to breach technical and business discussions, and to reach concrete work plans
- Organized and detail/results oriented
- Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the energy and utilities domain
- Self-motivated and intellectually curious
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Facilitation and business requirement elicitation experience
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, engineering, or other related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in project accounting or capital project management required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the specific PowerPlan preferred.
- ITL Foundations, IIBA Business Analyst Certification or equivalent preferred.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. As such, the Company abides by the requirements of the Executive Order 11246, 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with UGI policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, UGI cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
Location: Denver, PA
Job date: Wed, 17 May 2023 07:54:37 GMT
Click Here To Apply