Job title: Focus Factory Cell Leader
Company: Acuity Brands
Job description: We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) is a market-leading industrial technology company. We use technology to solve problems in spaces and light. Through our two business segments, Acuity Brands Lighting and Lighting Controls (“ABL”) and the Intelligent Spaces Group (“ISG”), we design, manufacture, and bring to market products and services that make the world more brilliant, productive, and connected. We achieve growth through the development of innovative new products and services, including lighting, lighting controls, building management systems, and location-aware applications.
About This Location
The Indiana Production Facility (IPF) is Acuity Brands’ largest manufacturing site in the USA. The facility is located about 45 minutes west of Indianapolis in the small town of Crawfordsville, Indiana, in the middle of Montgomery County. Love the outdoors as much as we do? Then you’ll enjoy the surrounding parks including Turkey Run and Shades State Parks, or renting canoes at Clements Canoes Outdoor Center. These scenic locations are perfect for boating, fishing, hiking, camping and picnicking. You can also visit a local sporting event at Wabash College, or make the short 30-minute drive to DePauw or Purdue Universities for more.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Oversee Labor allocation and Operational duties of the Receiving and Shipping department, between two plant buildings.
- Monitor/Direct personnel in Safety, Quality and Productivity of Logistic operation processes
- Review and execute daily Shipping Reporting functions within department
- Personnel Development and Process (Kaizen) improvements for Shipping, Receiving, and Inventory Control functions.
- Budget, Ethics, System compliance measures within Shipping/Receiving/Inventory areas
Education (minimum education required)
H.S. Diploma Equivalency/ GED
Experience (minimum experience required)
- Knowledge, skill, ability with Forklift operation/Training
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment,
- At least 1 to 2 years’ Lead/Supervisory experience in Logistics – Shipping/Receiving operations
- High School Diploma or GED – Materials Management. or Bachelors’ Degree is preferred
- High degree of comfort with computer usage.
- Able to stand 10-12 hours per day, lift, push, pull up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Able to see, hear and comprehend in a noisy, environment.
- Able to tolerate temperature ranges of 40 – 90 degrees F.
- Able to work other shifts and/or weekend hours.
- Medium work
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click and for more information.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities: As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Req ID: 5056
Location: Crawfordsville, IN
Job date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 07:42:21 GMT
Click Here To Apply