State of South Carolina
Job title: Food Service Specialist III (Shipping/Receiving/Transportation- DIS)/ Food Services Supervisor
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: Job Responsibilities
***This position may be eligible for a SIGN-ON BONUS***
With our Agency’s mission to support the recovery of people with mental illnesses, we provide a complete array of medical and support services for children, adults, and families throughout South Carolina.
This position is located at the Department of Mental Health, within the division of Inpatient Services Craft Farrow, 7901 Farrow Road Columbia, SC 29203.
As the Food Service Spec III (Shipping/Receiving/Transportation), you will work under the Shipping/Receiving/Transportation Area Manager and/or Operations Manager providing supervision to assigned staff in the Shipping, Receiving, and Dish Room areas in compliance with department, local, state, and federal guidelines.
Responsibilities of the Food Service Specialist III/Food Service Supervisor
– Operates as the back-up driver as needed to various sites for receiving and making deliveries for food and supply items. As a driver, you will adhere to all rules, such as, but not limited to, checking the maintenance of vehicle before leaving in the morning, cleaning truck as needed, clean/sanitize truck between deliveries, plug in truck when not in use, report mechanical problems to supervisor, deliver according to schedule, do not transport dirty trays with clean trays and receives list of duties from supervisor between deliveries.
– Supervises other staff, conducts physical inventory and fills requisitions for departmental food and supplies. Receives, counts, and verifies food and supply deliveries against invoices and stores in appropriate location using FIFO principle. Maintains cleanliness and organization of all cold and dry areas.
– Responsible for maintaining records for inventories, quality control, quality assurance, sanitation check list, temperature, charts, and all other records necessary for the operation of the shipping/receiving/transport area. Must maintain HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) standards compliance in all work areas. Checks and maintains truck logs for all Nutrition Services vehicles.
– Trains new staff; provides services in a pleasant, helpful and positive manner to demonstrate good customer service and adhere to patients’ privacy and “Bill of Rights” standard requirements while performing duties.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and supervisory experience in quantity and quality cooking or baking.
Agency Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and supervisory experience in quantity and quality cooking or baking. Ability to perform mathematic calculations as required. Must maintain a valid driver’s license. Obtain ServSafe certification within 3 months of hire.
Note: If any Agency Requirements are listed above, applicants must also meet those requirements to be considered for the position.
ServSafe certified. Possess a strong knowledge of cafeteria style/mass food service operation, customer service application, and safe handling of food. Experience in supervising and leading staff in meeting required food production and solve problems that arise. Have general working knowledge of food service equipment.
The South Carolina Department of Mental Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Agency. We provide affirmative action and equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex – including the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
The South Carolina Department of Mental Health offers an exceptional benefits package for FTE positions that includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and Children
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave accrual per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs
Expected salary: $23885 – 44199 per year
Location: Richland County, SC
Job date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 08:34:04 GMT
Click Here To Apply