Job title: Food Service Supervisor-Mississippi Valley University
Company: Thompson Hospitality
Job description: Overview
Who We Are:
Thompson Hospitality is the nation’s largest minority-owned food and facilities management company. Our services include hospitality, full dining and quick service restaurants, campus dining, diversity consultation, facility operations and maintenance management. We are a family-run organization with more than thirty years providing services built on our core mission to provide a positive experience to every relationship we are involved in: one guest, one client, one team member at a time. As a fast growing company, we have a growth plan to more than double in size over the next three years. We are looking for team members who are interested in developing their careers to the next level while joining our team of over 4,000 employees, serving clients in over 40 states to include more than 1.9 million guests each year. Thompson Hospitality focuses on three core areas in everything we do:
- Give back to our communities
- Celebrate diversity
- Do the right thing
- Treat people the way you want to be treated
- Always do your best
- Be accountable for our actions
- Serve the highest quality food
- Provide world-class service
- Maintain flexibility to better serve our clients
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), matched up to 4%
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounts: Hotels, Travel, Tickets, Restaurants
- Employees and their relatives are eligible for a discounted meal plan at any of our HBCU client locations while they are attending school
The Food Service Supervisor serves as one of the company leaders in the cash operations. Ensures the proper assembly and service of foods. Maintains sanitation and safety of the departments’ service and utility areas. Supervises retail associates.
- Responsible for proper cash handling and completion of required daily, weekly and monthly reports, including weekly inventory, cash reports and production reports.
- Assists with menu planning and ordering using appropriate company programs and initiatives.
- Assists in the selection and and orientation of associates; oversees associate training.
- Develops and posts associates’ works schedules.
- Complies with federal, state, local and health department regulations; helps ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and practices involving food, personal safety and loss prevention efforts.
Client and Customer Satisfaction/Relations
- Maintain client satisfaction at a level that ensures account retention.
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of client contracts.
- Follow up to customer/client/associate surveys.
- Prepare a special events calendar to be in place on a monthly, weekly and daily basis.
Program Quality and Standards
- Responsible for compliance with company standards.
- Provide positive feedback to associates when programs are successfully implemented.
- Ensure all company quality and service standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Encourage associate creativity and innovation within agreed upon company standards.
Business Growth and Marketing
- Responsible for implementation and compliance with the agreed-upon company marketing programs.
- Identify and recommend new sales and revenue opportunities.
- Responsible for attainment of financial goals for the retail areas.
- Control expenses within the retail areas.
- Responsible for accuracy, and timeliness of financial data and statistics.
- Responsible for productivity and staffing for cash operations.
- Monitor and audit the cash control process within the retail areas.
- Conduct contribution analysis semi-annually.
Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Promote company culture, values and management philosophy.
- Recognize the need for and demonstrate good communication and listening skills with customers and associates.
- Follow the principal of Management by Walking Around to maintain contact with customers and associates.
- Promote teamwork within the unit.
- Represent the company professionally and ethically at all times.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Location: Itta Bena, MS
Job date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 23:26:05 GMT
Click Here To Apply