- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Loan forgiveness
- Medical office experience
- EHR systems
- Documentation review
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s degree
Dr. Arenia C. Mallory Community Health Center, Inc. (Mallory CHC) is actively recruiting for a Front Desk/Receptionist. The Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for performing a variety of tasks related to greeting patients, patient registration, answering the telephone, reviewing patient payer status, verifying Medicaid, Medicare, Self-Pay and Insurance eligibility and demonstrating the ability to be a team member. An ideal candidate will need to possess knowledge and skills to appropriately communicate and interact with the patients, families and visitors of all age groups while being sensitive to their culture and religious beliefs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of basic record keeping, filing systems and electronic health records. Demonstrate skills in written and oral communications, including assisting patients with necessary forms completion and daily cash drawer close-out and deposits.
AA Degree in Medical Office Technology/Management with 1 year experience of related or similar work experience or High School Diploma/GED with 3 years’ experience of related or similar work experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serves as the front desk receptionist and schedule appointments, verify insurance information for eligibility, collect co-pays, payments on accounts, complete deposit tickets, answer telephone and direct calls to appropriate staff.
1. Must provide quality customer service.
2. Greet patients and answer telephone in courteous and professional manner, address questions and direct calls.
3. Must take accurate, complete and precise messages.
4. Assist patients with patient registration forms and other initial data forms.
5. Must at all times ensure patient confidentiality and provide patients with needed information.
6. Input patient data in practice management system, scan the necessary documentation to patient electronic file, and generate an encounter.
7. Prepare front desk sign in log, daily financial summary log, and billing/cashier cash box flow sheet on a daily basis.
8. Assist patients with scheduling and rescheduling appointments.
9. Must be willing to work as a team.
10. Must demonstrate the willingness to work with other staff and assist in other areas as needed.
11. Must demonstrate a strong working knowledge of business skills.
12. Must be able to post and accurately distributes payments and make adjustments to patient’s accounts.
13. Must be able to balance fee sheet with daily financial summary log.
14. Responsible for verifying patient’s eligibility-Medicaid, Medicare, Private Insurance and Self Pay.
15. Responsible for attending staff and in-service meetings.
16. Perform other necessary and assigned duties as required by Supervisor to meet the goal of providing primary health care.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Health (Medical) Insurance
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
Ancillary Benefits (Accident, Cancer, Disability, Critical Illness, Whole Life, Term Life, and Hospital Confinement)
Vacation and Sick Leave Package
Professional Liability Insurance Coverage
Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Incentive Production Bonus
Paid Professional Membership Fee Allowance
Continuing Education Leave and Training Education Allowance
Guaranteed Work Schedule: Mon-Thurs 8am to 5pm and Fri 8am-2pm
In addition, your compensation package includes the following – Health insurance paid up to 75%, 403B Retirement Plan, Free Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, MCHC Employee Patient Privileges, Free Employee Assistance Program: “WorkLife Matters” Access (Telehealth), Legal Assistance Services, and Identity Protective Monitoring Services and more.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: Negotiable Commensurate with experience and qualifications