- Customer service
Seeking candidates for an Afternoon & Weekend Front Office/Receptionist employee to be part of an established team. The ideal candidate for our team will be organized, dependable, energetic, with strong customer service and problem-solving skills. You will be the voice on the phone and the smile at the front desk, welcoming new patients to the practice and maintaining great communication with our current patients. We are looking for someone who can work 20-35 hours a week, this includes occasional Saturdays. Must be able to adapt as changes arise. Experience in front desk, administration, and insurance billing is helpful.
By being the front line representative for office, this candidate will greet patients on phone and in person; schedule appointments; maintain records and accounts; assist the practitioners, and ensure the efficient flow of the office.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction and provider time by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; informing provider of delays.
- Attends patients by anticipating patients’ concerns; answering patients’ questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Facilitates communication between physicians and patients when needed.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining HIPAA compliance and confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assist with the maintaining a clean office, including clinic laundry
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Columbia, SC 29201: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location