The Hershey Company
Job title: Full-Time Sr. Assistant Supervisor-Retail – Hershey’s Chocolate World
Company: The Hershey Company
Job description: Job Location: Hershey, PA
Hourly Pay Rate: $21.00 or more based on experience
Minimum Age: 18 years of age or older
Availability: Rotating 40-hour schedule that includes daytime, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Hershey’s Chocolate World is the most visited corporate visitors center in the world. Nearly four million guests visit our location in Hershey, Pennsylvania every year. Our guests come to experience our brand through our attractions, food and beverage, and retail experience. Part of what makes our guests’ experience so amazing is the exceptional guest service our team provides. In fact, our mission is to create extraordinary impressions through our people.
With that guest experience in mind, the Retail Senior Assistant Supervisor is a brand ambassador and a leader in guest service. This position will set the tone for the retail team by demonstrating superior guest service and is responsible for coaching retail team members to maximize guest engagement. This role supports the Store Leadership team by ensuring the team is delivering a world class guest experience. Through your passion for the Hershey brand, our business and our team, you will help to create a dynamic and fun environment.
The Retail Senior Assistant Supervisor is responsible for driving results through:
- Delivery of an exceptional guest service experience
- Communicating appropriate behaviors to the team to enhance the guest experience and support our culture
- Maintaining compliance with HCW policies and procedures
The incumbent must be keenly aware of the balance required to support superior guest service and retail sales. The Retail Senior Assistant Supervisor is responsible for maintaining merchandise displays to standards set by Global Retail Team and store cleanliness. The incumbent participates in weekly retail staff meetings and provides insight on consumer feedback.
This is a hourly full-time position that is located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. This position has a starting pay rate of $17.00 per hour. The company will not provide relocation assistance for this position. This position also acts as Retail Leader on Duty (LOD) for the Retail Department including participating in a rotation of weekdays, weekends, holidays, early mornings, and late evening operating hours.
Summary of major duties:
Deliver World Class Guest Service
- Effectively coach and motivate all part-time team members to provide world class guest service and support our culture.
- Support the recruitment, hiring, and retention of team members.
- Collaborates with broader HCW team to develop and leverage cross functional synergies.
- Uses available tools and practices to reward and recognize team members.
- Understands and leverages metrics (KPI’s) to assess business performance
- Collaborates in the development of specific action plans and initiatives to support business strategy
- Ensure efficient day-to-day operations of the store including reducing or adding staff as the business requires.
- Ensure the retail floor is neat, clean, and product faced correctly.
- Maintain compliance with all our stores’ policies and procedures
Retail Leader on Duty
- In addition to normal responsibilities, responsible for continuously floating the floor to deliver a high level of consumer engagement and meet sales goals while maintaining and elevating The Hershey Company brand reputation.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate staffing to meet the needs of the business which includes adjusting schedules to ensure appropriate coverage within budget
- Responsible for crowd control and guest flow through merchandise displays, stanchions, and queuing
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization while under pressure
- Maintains store visual standards
- Monitoring on shelf quantities to ensure all items and sizes are available for our guests and ordering from the warehouse if needed
- Provides feedback to store leadership on product, position, and pricing
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Guest service orientation with an emphasis on building internal/external brand culture through role modeling behavior
- Proven ability to create a positive work environment around teamwork and motivation
- Business acumen and ability to identify/lead behaviors that drive results
- Effective communication with all levels and collaboration on HCW promotions/events
- Time management skills through a sense of urgency, delegation, ability to prioritize tasks/projects, and empowerment to problem solve
- Must maintain a neat appearance and meet uniform standards
- Must be able to walk and stand for 8 hours
- Must be able to sit for 2 hours
- Must be able to push, pull, carry, and lift 25 lbs.
- Requires overhead lifting, stooping, bending, and twisting
- Must have basic math skills (add/subtract inventory)
- Must be able to operate a cash register
- Must have basic Microsoft Office computer skills
- Prior experience in high volume retail setting preferred
- Ability to work a varied schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
Experience: Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience in merchandising or retail is required
This description covers most of the significant duties performed but incumbent may be responsible for other minor-related work assignments.
Expected salary: $17 per hour
Location: Hershey, PA
Job date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 08:56:26 GMT
Click Here To Apply