Private Equity / Credit Fund Accounting Group is a specialized team within the Alternative Investment Services Division of Bank of New York Mellon focused on providing fund administration services to our Private Equity clients. We operate from Hong Kong, India, Poland, Ireland and the United States.
In the US, the team operates from New York, NY; Woodland Park, NJ; Los Angeles, CA; Wilmington, DE, Lake Mary, FL and Fort Worth, TX.
Our team is primarily responsible for:
- Preparing capital call and distribution calculations in order, to facilitate capital funding requests from clients.
- Preparing and reviewing fund operating expense accrual budgets, as well facilitate wire instructions for vendor expense payments.
- Processing portfolio trade activity related to fund investments.
- Preparing and reviewing a fund’s cash and asset reconciliation.
- Executing PNL allocations to Investors.
- Preparing and reviewing management and performance fee calculations.
- Coordinating the preparation of and reviewing investor notices and capital statements.
- Facilitating audit engagements on behalf of clients
- Coordinating the preparation of unaudited or audited financial statements.
- Facilitating onboarding of new clients and servicing existing clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience; Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferable.
- Equivalent related experience should include a minimum of three years of previous accounting, preferably within the Financial Services field.
- The successful candidate needs to be enthusiastic, attentive to detail, flexible and have the drive to be successful while working in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Escalate potential risks to both peers and senior management.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under time pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with a working knowledge of Excel.
- Systems proficiency in Advent Geneva and / or FIS Investran is a plus.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Focused on consistently achieving both team and company goals
- Ability to learn quickly and take responsibility for own learning and development.
- Focused attitude to work, excellent individual and team player and an ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Friendly and approachable.
5-7 years of total work experience is preferred.
- Flexible, hybrid working arrangements
- Competitive wages
- Career growth and development opportunities
- 7% 401k company match
- 16 week paid parental leave
- paid covid-19 sick leave, caregiver leave and more!
- Must be located in or willing to relocate to Fort Worth, TX
Please have a webcam, microphone and stable internet to conduct the interview.
What to prepare
- Please send your resume to email@example.com ahead of the event.
- Please be prepared to speak to your accounting experience.
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
What is a virtual hiring event?
Virtual hiring events are a great way for employers and jobseekers to connect, even if they aren’t in the same physical location. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to talk with you online (either through chat, on the phone, or video) to see if you’re a fit!