Join our team!
HM Richards is a financially stable, 24-year-old upholstery and furniture manufacturing company focused on expansion. Our company mission is to make beautiful furniture while constantly reducing our environmental footprint by using planet friendly materials and processes. We currently have openings for an Upholsterer in our Guntown, MS location.
· Completes work assignments by using staple gun, frame, cardboard, cover and other materials and tools needed to upholster furniture. Insures total quality in work is done on a daily basis.
What you will be doing:
- Upholsters furniture by performing a series of steps, including stapling cardboard to frame, padding frame with cardboard or poly, and upholstering frame with cut and sewn cover.
- Insures total quality is used in every step of the job. Inspecting frame, cover, and sewn parts while upholstering to insure proper quality standards are used in other departments.
- Recognizes different styles and insures proper parts and techniques are used on each style.
- Communicates with supervisor and upholstery float as needed on questions or problems that occur while performing job.
- Work closely with other employees to maintain a team atmosphere daily.
- Responsible for wearing appropriate PPE and keeping work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Perform other duties as instructed by the supervisor.
What we are looking for:
- At least 6 months of experience working in furniture manufacturing environment
- Knowledge about assembly line type environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to submit to a Drug test and background investigation.
Benefits and Perks:
We offer a competitive benefit package, paid vacation, employee discounts, and more!
HM Richards, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.