Asplundh Tree Expert
Job title: General Foreperson (Driver License Required) – ATE
Company: Asplundh Tree Expert
Job description: Job Title: General Foreperson
This position ensures the productivity of daily operations, working closely with management to determine recruiting/hiring needs, deadlines, and safety protocols to enforce among crews. The General Foreperson is responsible for troubleshooting routine job-site issues and engages all employees/contractors in required training, managing, and mentoring.
Are you a real go-getter looking for an amazing opportunity with a nationwide full-service-utility contractor offering competitive wages and incredible benefits? Keep reading because this job might be for you!
Since 1928, Asplundh has been dedicated to safe, efficient, and innovative line clearance services for the utility industry. Reliable, uninterrupted power is an important service provided by the world’s electrical utilities and Asplundh has the expertise to help keep the power flowing. Diversification over the years has opened up vegetation management services to other specialized markets such as municipalities, railroads, pipelines, helicopter vegetation services, and departments of transportation.
A family-owned and operated corporation headquartered near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Asplundh has grown to employ over 33,000 service professionals throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Job Type: Full-Time +, Non-Exempt
Pay: Competitive, Hourly
- Benefits Available and Vary per position and location
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide daily communication with client representatives, conferring with customers, property owners, the general public, contractors, and agency representatives; obtaining permission to perform work.
- Carry out job site inspections, maintain proper working conditions, and ensures job site hazards are mitigated.
- job Cost Control and invoice reconciliation.
- Order interpretation and accurate work reporting and record maintenance within the customer system.
- Direct emergencies, assisting with incident reports & investigations.
- Directs/supervises crew on new tasks, work production, safety practice adherence
- Administers training, disciplinary action, and interpretation of policies.
- Participates in regional safety company training and performs all work under the regional safety policy guidelines.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to read and follow prints, visualize a job build, and apply critical thinking to solve problems and identify job-site hazards.
- Ability to work safely, productively, and follow directions.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Ability to obtain a DOT medical card
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- Driver License Required.
- RARE (less than 10%): crawling, climbing, gripping, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): standing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, body-twisting, sense of touch, manual dexterity, lifting over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs., reaching, range-of-motion, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, climbing stairs, balancing.
- FREQUENT (up to 66%): walking, sitting, climbing on/off a truck, reading, lifting up to 10 lbs.
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): speaking clearly, seeing distant, seeing, hearing-speech-range, depth-perception, color vision.
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods, be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and communicate & handle confrontations professionally.
As a full-service utility contractor, Asplundh performs tree pruning and removals, right-of-way clearing and maintenance, vegetation management with herbicides, and emergency storm work and logistical support. Asplundh is the parent company of UtiliCon Solutions whose subsidiaries provide overhead and underground line construction, planning and design, meter reading and AMR/AMI installation, electrical testing, and street lighting/traffic signal services. Asplundh also operates Rotor Blade Airborne Utilities Management, overhead electric distribution, and transmission lines using MD 500 helicopters.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Forksville, PA
Job date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 08:54:07 GMT
Click Here To Apply