Job title: Geospatial Field Specialist, Fort Smith, AR
Company: Halff Associates
Job description: GEOSPATIAL FIELD SPECIALIST (GFS)
The Geospatial Field Specialist will be on a field crew assisting a Party Chief by operating terrestrial, mobile, or aerial LiDAR equipment along with conventional and GPS survey equipment to measure buildings, other man0made improvements, and topographic features accurately and efficiently in support of land development, transportation, utility, energy, and land surveying projects. This position reports to the Geospatial Party Chief.
- Assist in the collection of terrestrial, mobile or aerial LiDAR data.
- Assist Party Chief with establishing site control and conventional surveying.
- Ensure safe and secure use of company equipment and instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation as needed.
- Prefer 1 year of experience as a surveyor working with LiDAR technology, topographic surveys, or ALTA and boundary surveys.
- Prefer experience with Trimble GPS and Conventional equipment.
- Understanding of Computer Technology required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and strong ability to ensure accuracy. There is very little room for error in this position.
- Ability and willingness to follow instructions that may be written or delivered verbally.
- Must be dependable and responsible regarding punctuality and attendance.
- Must be able to work starting 8:00 AM, Monday through Friday (Earlier during the Summer).
- Overtime and weekend work may be needed to meet project deadlines.
- Travel generally up to ten days a time will be required for the position, up to 50%.
Halff is a mid-sized, employee-owned, diverse and multi-disciplined professional services firm. For more than 70 years, Halff has provided smarter solutions throughout the United States offering services in Architecture, Construction Services, Energy, Environmental, Geographic Information Systems, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Land and Site Development, Planning and Landscape Architecture, MEP Engineering, Public Works, Right of Way, Structural Engineering, Subsurface Utility Engineering/Utility Coordination, Surveying, Transportation, Water Resources and Water/Wastewater.
Halff has offices in the following locations:
Arkansas: Bentonville, Fort Smith, Little Rock and North Little Rock
Florida: Chipley, Jacksonville, Miramar Beach, Panama City Beach, Tallahassee, Tampa and Tavares
Louisiana: Baton Rouge and Shreveport
Oklahoma: Oklahoma City
Texas: Austin, Brownsville, Conroe, Corpus Christi, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Frisco, Houston, Midland, McAllen, Richardson, San Antonio and Tyler
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, prescription, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid time off and holiday pay, Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Health Savings Account, 529 College Savings Plan, Flexible Spending, an Employee Assistance Plan and more.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Halff is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Halff is a drug-free workplace. This offer of employment is contingent upon the receipt of a clear drug screen and background check prior to your first day of employment. This position may be subject to random drug testing pursuant to federal regulations.
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Job date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 08:50:20 GMT
Click Here To Apply