State of South Carolina
Job title: Grants Administrator II (State Initiatives Supervisor) / 60015290
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: The Agency’s mission is to be boldly innovative in improving the health and quality of life for South Carolinians.
This position is located in Bureau of Policy, Richland County.
Are you the One? We are looking for a Grants Administrator II for the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) who manages the State Initiatives program for the SC Department of Health and Human Services. Leadership responsibilities include recommending and implementing policies, standards, and procedures related to a variety of issues that will be requested from agency officials.
- Under the supervision the Director for the Office of State Contracts & Initiatives, the applicant will perform complex duties by drafting and managing contracts, assist in negotiating annual and multi-year contracts, respond to programmatic and financial inquiries from internal and external personnel regarding contract issues, assist other Office of State Contracts and Initiatives staff in responding to complex contract concerns, serve as backup to Director, Office of State Contracts and Initiatives as requested, lead and respond to various initiatives that will be assigned by Director of State Contracts and Initiatives.
- Drafting and monitoring policy-related goals and objectives and incorporates plans for completion and/or implementation. Leads, directs and manages the planning, design, development, controlling, measuring, evaluation and reporting of daily and ongoing Office of State Contracts and Initiatives activities.
- Participates in the management decision-making process of integrated and coordinated programs jointly administered by the state (SCDHHS) and federal (CMS) agencies. Utilizes industry and/or academic accepted and SCDHHS approved writing formats and styles (e.g., ALWD, APA, Chicago, MLA, etc.) for the development of publications, presentations and/or reports that effectively communicate the features of program models and their impact on the Department of HHS and its stakeholders.
- Interprets state contracts policies and rules of programs jointly administered by federal (CMS) and state (SCDHHS) agencies and provides consultation and recommendations in executive-level and managerial-level decision-making activities by reviewing, analyzing, commenting and making recommendations on developing plans and proposals for management of services or service delivery. Through scientifically accepted methods, performs due diligence and research in order to recommend appropriate actions to take for new programs or revisions to existing programs administered by these agencies; assesses programs and implements policy, procedure or rule changes.
- Informs leadership and/or management about issues confronting the Department of HHS. Attends legislative, public and advocacy group hearings; presents on state initiatives contracts policy-related information for discussion and/or decision-making purposes; and responds to requests for information from internal and external stakeholders, employees, the public and the media.
- Maintains current knowledge of legislative initiatives, regulations and guidance materials related to SCDHHS programs or services administered. Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge of trends in healthcare delivery, financing and procurement related to State Initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services offers an exceptional benefits package for FTE and TGE positions that includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and Children.
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year.
- 15 days sick leave per year.
- 13 paid holidays.
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs.
A bachelor’s degree in a public health or social work-related field of study (e.g., health administration, business administration, social work, and public administration) from a college or higher education institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education & Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) plus five (5) years of professional experience in contracts and/or grant administration activities.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered with prior State Human Resources approval.
- Overtime and/or weekend work with Deputy approval.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Occasional overnight travel.
- Lifting requirements: 20 lbs.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team within a matrix and functional management organizational structure.
- The ability to represent the Department with external stakeholders, legislators and policymakers.
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application for qualification purposes. All applicants must apply online. All correspondence from the Office of Human Resources will be through electronic mail.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Expected salary: $52357 – 96869 per year
Location: Richland County, SC
Job date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 08:34:45 GMT
Click Here To Apply