Pottsville Quarry 2.9★
Pottsville Quarry and Asphalt is looking for a Groundperson to support production and maintenance. The ideal candidate is safety focused, action oriented, pays attention to detail, and excels at teamwork. A CDL license is not required.
Why work for Pottsville Quarry and Asphalt?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan
- Tuition reimbursement programs available to qualifying employees for approved programs
- Additional training programs including on the job, online through H&K Academy, manufacturer offered training, and more
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all work according to MSHA and H&K Safety policies
- Perform all work in a safe and professional manner.
- Perform plant maintenance.
- Maintain clean work areas including catwalks, walk-ways and general plant area.
- Proactively learn plant functions and operations.
- Obtain all knowledge to complete assigned tasks.
- Take direction from and work in a team with all other site personnel.
- Cross train to learn all jobs of plant and be able to substitute when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent (such as the GED) from an accredited educational institution OR related experience and/or training
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to fit test & utilize appropriate PPE as needed
- Ability to meet physical requirements (movement, lifting, as relevant to job)
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3+ months related experience
Experience operating heavy equipment
- Strong preference for Loader operation experience
- Experience working in a quarry, heavy civil construction, or other outdoor industrial setting
- MSHA or other relevant safety certification
- Regularly required to stand and walk
Frequently required to
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Occasionally required to sit
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds regularly, up to 50 pounds frequently, and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Specific vision needs include depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Regularly exposed to
- Moving mechanical parts
- Outside weather conditions
Frequently exposed to
- High, precarious places
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock
- Noise level is usually loud
Pottsville Quarry and Pottsville Asphalt (formerly Pottsville Materials) is a producer of high-quality construction aggregate and asphalt products located near Pottsville, PA. We have been proudly serving the greater northern Berks, Northumberland, Lehigh, and Carbon County region since 2010. Strategically located just minutes south of the Route 81/Route 61 Interchange, Pottsville Quarry and Pottsville Asphalt are trusted H&K Group, Inc. (H&K) materials facilities formed in partnership between H&K and the Rich Family of Companies.
H&K Group, Inc. provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency, and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for 50 years.
Thank you for your interest in employment with H&K Group, Inc. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction, and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&K’s strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication, and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)