Job title: Hair Care Specialist/4 Positions
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: Job Responsibilities
This position is located at the Department of Mental Health, and worked within the Division of Inpatient Services.
With our Agency’s mission to support the recovery of people with mental illnesses, we provide a complete array of medical and support services for children, adults, and families throughout South Carolina.
As the Hair Care Specialist, you will be under limited supervision, and perform skilled cosmetology duties in a shop or on a unit.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Shampoo, cut, curl or perm resident’s hair in shop or on a unit, including wheelchair and bed residents/patients.
- Stays productively occupied except when on break and during lunch period.
- Establishes and maintains a helpful, therapeutic working relationship with staff and residents/patients.
- Confers with nursing personnel concerning changes in resident’s behavior, progress or other observations.
- Reports unusual observations involving residents and staff to person in charge and/or supervisor.
Four (4) positions
One (1) position is at WSHPI/BPH; one (1) at CMTNCC Stone Pavilion; two (2) at CMTNCC-Roddey Pavilion
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State Requirement: Graduation from an approved barber or cosmetology course and experience as a barber or cosmetologist.
Agency Requirement: Graduation from an approved barber or cosmetology course and experience as a master barber or cosmetologist. Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a master barber or cosmetologist by the state of South Carolina.
Note: If any Agency Requirements are listed above, applicants must also meet those requirements to be considered for the position. Salary may vary depending on experience and qualifications.
The selected candidate must have the ability to stand, walk, reach, pull, push, stoop, bend, climb two (2) to three (3) flights of stairs, tolerate noise levels, circulate in resident areas for long periods, work with repetitive unusual residents/patients behaviors and lift up to fifty (50) pounds. The South Carolina Department of Mental Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Agency. We provide affirmative action and equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex – including the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
South Carolina is making our Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. Please account for any and all gaps of employment in your application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of application completion nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
The South Carolina Department of Mental Health offers an exceptional benefits package for FTE positions that includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and Children
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave accrual per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs
Expected salary: $19628 – 36319 per year
Location: Richland County, SC
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 07:53:19 GMT
Click Here To Apply