Job title: Head of Strategic Contracting
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Job description: Job Description:
Janssen Pharmaceuticals is currently recruiting for a Head of Strategic Contracting with a preference to be based in Titusville, NJ. We are also open to a Horsham, PA location.
The Head of Strategic Contracting will be responsible for the strategic leadership of the Strategic Contracting and administration function for the NA Pharm Strategic Customer Group (SCG), including the oversight of contract design, and development of contract strategy, activation and ongoing management of the contracts, including contract analysis, signed by the SCG organization and their customers. The role also leads the development and optimization of contract analytics and systems to generate critical insights and trends. In addition, this role will provide leadership and oversight of the implementation of all 340B strategies, policies and solutions. This position reports into the Chief Customer Officer, Strategic Customer Group and participates on the SCG Leadership team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Will lead the team and be the process champion for the development of Master Contracts and Product Documents as well as collaborating with the Pricing group in the formation of pricing strategy, securing CPC approvals and supporting customer negotiations when required.
- Is the key liaison with JJHCS coordinating and synchronizing efforts and sits on the ECM leadership team
- Has a direct contribution to the development of business strategies and functional expertise to achieve business plan implementation objectives and results.
- Oversees all technology related to contracting, reporting and tool development and participates with HCS on decisions related to the CORE technology
- Serves as an SCG LT sponsor for new contracting Analytics Platform (Project JAIDE)
- Maintains close working relationships with SCG business partners, Legal, Compliance, Finance, NA Pharm Business Units, and ECM
- Will oversee a staff of 50 (8 direct reports) at multiple locations and is responsible for the contract deployment, implementation, management, analysis and administration functions for executed contracts, including development and reporting of customer performance metrics, business partner support on contracting and audit issues.
- Will oversee implementation of new 340B policies and explore new 340B solutions
- Key Member of the Dispute Resolution Council and is liaison for all customer disputes between SCG and HCS
- Will ensure appropriate resource levels, response time, accuracy and adherence to all compliance policies and SOPs.
- Assesses and vets new and complex contract terms to ensure legal, compliance and business strategy alignment. Consults with customers and stakeholders to address concerns when required. This person will be accountable for the development of implementation strategies and provides input to risks and implications to management via the CPC process. The role will oversee the review of complex contract changes requested by customers ensuring consistency with business practices.
- Establish and manage department budget and provides input to Finance on business plan needs
- Provide an environment that is highly conducive to Professional Development and growth for the contracting team members. The incumbent should ensure the establishment of professional development plans and empower the teams to execute and own their professional growth, and achievement of their business goals and objectives.
- A minimum of a BA/BS is required. Experience in Contracting, Pricing, Business analytics of Finance is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years related work experience is required, with a strong preference for pharmaceutical experience.
- The position requires broad based business acumen. Mastery of contract development, implementation, and management of healthcare contracts with various health care channels is preferred.
- Experience in the development and implementation of contracting and pricing strategies to achieve desired results is preferred.
- Strong results and customer service orientation is required.
- Advanced written & verbal communication skills are required.
- Mastery in the development and application of legal terms and conditions is preferred.
- Expertise in contract technology development and utilization is preferred.
- Organizational expertise in people management, development and matrix management across multiple levels of the organization is required.
- Strong analytical and project management skills are required.
- The ability to interact and lead at various levels within an organization is required.
- The ability to influence and lead executives, key business partners, and customers is required.
This role can be located in Titusville NJ (preferred) or Horsham PA and will require up to 30% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-1125 Trenton Harbourton Road
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (6077)
Location: Titusville, NJ – Horsham, PA
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 07:52:02 GMT
Click Here To Apply