General Information: The Health & Safety Manager is responsible for Safety Management across group comprised of approximately 300 employees in Barnwell, SC.
Purpose: Health and Safety comes first at Swiss Krono and to support this directive, the Health & Safety Manager will ensure a safe workplace by planning and executing safety practices by preventive measures, training and educating the employees as required by local law, compliance and best practices in the industry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Development and implementation of safety procedures, policies, and training
- Manages return-to-work program
- Conduct daily walkthrough of both plants
- Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries; prepare material for hearings and insurance investigations
- Coordinate emergency response procedures, coordinate with others on security practices
- Maintain and update Safety Data Sheets and train employees in their use
- Maintain OSHA logs and prepare reports to agencies
- Prepare and report accident statistics
- Conduct and coordinate safety inspections and audits in compliance with OSHA, NFPA and NIOSH.
- Conducting Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and Risk Assessments
- Lead/participate in safety audits/inspections of facilities and drive the support for corrective actions. Develop High Level Rescue Plans for all high-risk work areas, to ensure that effective response in the event of an emergency
- Document/review emergency response procedures in line with regulatory requirements
- Assist with coordination of disaster response or crisis management activities
- Develop and conduct training programs for the Emergency Response Team with quarterly training sessions
- Ensure Emergency Response Team competency standards are maintained
- Ensure all operational fire and rescue equipment is inspected and records maintained
- Lead/monitor the daily operations of the Emergency Response function including drill and exercises
- Contribute to site wide risk assessment studies and react proactively to areas of high risk
- In conjunction with ERT members, assist with medical evacuations of sick or injured employees
- Respond to and coordinate any emergencies requiring the turn out of the ERT members
- Coordinate Severe Weather readiness for everyone working on site
- Lead a team to prepare site for access after an event such as a serious fire, explosion or tornado
- Recommend necessary equipment rescue and firefighting equipment
- Work closely with Maintenance Manager and Plant Managers to develop, implement and measure success of Fire Brigade
- Coordinate the Respiratory Protection Program including Respirator Fit-Testing
- Conduct Noise & Formaldehyde Surveys; oversee Hearing Conservation program and hearing exams
- Ability to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality/quantity.
- Able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities, establish and achieve goals
- Must have good problem-solving skills
- Detailed, proactive, self-starter with good written and oral communication skills
- Relevant qualification and experience in an Emergency Services Discipline at the level of Senior Fire Fighter or equivalent
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certified Instructor is a plus
- Knowledgeable in the Incident Command System for crisis management
- Intermediate knowledge and use of Microsoft software applications
- Very good knowledge of safety and health standards, and regulations
- Proficiency in developing and conducting safety training programs
Education and specialized skills profile:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 years Health & Safety experience in manufacturing preferred
- OSHA ISHM certification or CSHM certification preferred
- Proven experience as a safety manager
Linguistic Profile: NA
- Swiss Krono USA embraces the diversity of languages, but most, if not all, communication verbally and written is preferred in English to successfully complete the appropriate scope of work.
- Proficiency in German would enable interaction with other managers in Swiss Krono Group
Mobility and Physical Requirement profile:
- Work location is Barnwell. This job operates in a manufacturing environment.
- The physical criteria for many of the tasks in this job description require the ability to walk a large plant site and climb stairs and ladders to tall towers and buildings.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Swiss Krono USA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, military, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $85,611.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Health and Safety: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location