Do you enjoy the non-clinical side of health care? Then this might be an opportunity for you! At Select Medical’s headquarters in Mechanicsburg, PA., we are currently seeking a Health Information Technician to join our corporate team.
As a Health Information Technician, you will assist in the maintenance of accurate electronic records to meet the requirements for licensure and certification.
Other responsibilities of the Health Information Technician position include:
- Record processing and physician record completion
- Scanning/Filing of transcribed reports and other documentation
- Release of confidential information
- Record maintenance
- Record review and data collection (LTRAX)
- Use multiple channels to communicate with hospital administrative staff, nurses, physicians, and hospital leadership when needed.
As a Health Information Technician, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of the Health Information Technician role include:
High school diploma or GED required
Experience working in customer service related field (1-2 years) required
- 1-2 years of work experience in a Health Information department of a health care facility preferred
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Joint Commission standards preferred