About the Business: Alternative Investment Services Operations (AIS)
At BNY Mellon, AIS provides fund administration-based services to a wide range of legal structures including hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity, private credit and real estate funds. In connection with providing administration services, the AIS Accounting Team is responsible for both portfolio accounting and fund accounting, which includes fee calculations and investor allocations. The AIS Accounting Team serves as an aggregator of data that is used to compile the fund’s Net Asset Value (NAV) on a pre-determined liquidity period (i.e. daily, monthly, quarterly).
About the group: Hedge Funds
The Hedge Fund teams are Books & Records for Hedge Funds and we provide Administration Services for our clients. This involves Portfolio Accounting & NAV Allocation services as part of daily & monthly deliverables where the frequency is driven by client needs. You will be responsible for completing funds, resolving breaks, preparing reporting for review, and complying with necessary controls. We are looking for someone who works well in a collaborative team environment, excited about meeting client deliverables, has a high attention to detail and is a critical thinker.
- Serves as a lead for the day-to-day operations of a medium-sized fund accounting support team, providing work direction and technical assistance on complex matters.
- Leads day-to-day accounting and net asset value (NAV) production functions (including NAV construction & validation, NAV review, dissemination and reporting activities) for more complex funds.
- Reviews data and assists in resolving escalated problems that may arise during the normal daily, weekly or monthly accounting and reporting.
- Tracks data and maintains accounting records for funds of higher complexity in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Establishes data maintenance and summarization processes to improve team efficiency and best support the accounting team.
- Leads team in preparing system-generated reports.
- Coordinates review of reports and the sharing of reports with accounting teams.
- Reviews work of junior team members.
- Assists with maintaining relationships with client staff.
- Regularly works with client staff to exchange information with respect to cash, accounting, and reporting of daily and monthly client activities and initiatives.
- Communicates data needs and answers client questions.
- Assists in identifying and implementing process improvements to reduce audit and financial exposure and improve team efficiency.
No direct reports. May have work allocation and team lead responsibilities. Supports the achievement of team objectives.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Experience with accounting support of various asset types (stocks, bonds, futures, options, swaps etc)
- Experience in brokerage/ banking operations/ reconciliation processes
- Experience with Bloomberg or possess Bloomberg Certification
- Excellent client service communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactive self-starter with questioning mindset
- Strong excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred
- Experience in accounting support preferred.
- Must be located in or willing to relocate to Fort Worth, TX, Boston, MA, Orlando, FL or Wilmington, DE
Please have a webcam, microphone and stable internet to conduct the interview.
What to prepare
- Please send your resume to email@example.com ahead of the event.
- Please be prepared to speak to your accounting experience.
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
What is a virtual hiring event?
Virtual hiring events are a great way for employers and jobseekers to connect, even if they aren’t in the same physical location. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to talk with you online (either through chat, on the phone, or video) to see if you’re a fit!