Job title: Historic Site Interpreter (Intermittent) – Gene Stratton Porter SHS
Company: State of Indiana
Job description: Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
At the State of Indiana, we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. As a proud equal opportunity employer, reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential functions of a role.
About the Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites:
The Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites (ISMHS) is a statewide museum system with 12 locations including the Indiana State Museum in downtown Indianapolis and 11 historic sites in the Indiana communities of Evansville, Corydon, New Albany, Rome City, Madison, Fountain City, Geneva, New Harmony, Nashville, Vincennes, and Metamora.
Mission: To serve as a catalyst for informal lifelong learning that connects the stories of real people, places, and things.
Vision: Be the leader in informal lifelong learning that is recognized, sought-after and celebrated regionally, nationally, and globally.
Strategic Priorities: * Engage and serve an expanded and diverse audience through transformative experiences: Collections. Exhibits. Programs.
- Translate/transform our historic sites from buildings/tours to experiences/legacies.
- Brand awareness and reputation management.
- Sustainability (product and financial).
- Organizational culture.
The starting salary for this position is $15.00 per hour.
About the Job:
As the Historical Site Interpreter at Gene Stratton Porter State Historic Site, you will primarily be responsible for guided tours around the historic site.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Responsible for interpreting all aspects of the site including but not limited to the following duties:
- Guided tours
- Educational and Public Programming assistance
- Special events
- Gift shop sales
- Admission sales/administration
The job profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
What You’ll Need for Success:
- High school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency) and at least one (1) year of experience
- Must have excellent people skills, be comfortable interacting with large groups of people and children, and display a love of history
- Ability to learn facts and retain information
- Must have or be willing to acquire knowledge of site and surrounding area
- Must be organized and responsible
- Must be able to work unsupervised as necessary
- Must be able to operate cash registers and handle money
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Weekends and some evening hours required
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
This role does not provide direct supervision to direct reports.
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
This seasonal position does not offer benefits and is limited to 180 working days in an eleven (11) month continuous period
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Employee? Click to apply.
Expected salary: $15 per hour
Location: Rome City, IN
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 07:57:06 GMT
Click Here To Apply