Job title: HR Retirement Processing Specialist
Company: General Dynamics
Job description: Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Suitability: No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required: NACI (T1)
Job Family: Shared Services
General Dynamics Information Technology (IT) has partnered with NASA to consolidate select Procurement, Finance, Human Resources (HR), and Information Technology activities from the 10 NASA Centers into a single shared services center located at Stennis Space Center in southern Mississippi.
The mission of the NASA Shared Services Center (NSSC) is to provide timely, accurate, high-quality, cost-effective, and customer-focused support for selected NASA business and technical services.
GDIT has an opportunity at the NASA Shared Services Center (NSSC) for an HR Retirement Processing Specialist to contribute to our success in the area of retirement processing for NASA employees. This will be a full-time position onsite at Stennis Space Center, MS.
The HR Retirement Specialist responsibilities are as follows:
- Work independently to analyze and research civilian and military service history.
- Interpret regulatory laws for CSRS, CSRS Offset, FERS, TVA, D.C. government and other Special Government retirement systems.
- Use discretion in applying regulations for eligibility determinations within the retirement benefits system to produce retirement estimates, military deposits, civilian deposits/redeposit, voluntary contributions and Federal Erroneous Retirement Coverage Correction Act (FERCCA) cases.
- Assist customers with completion of all required documentation for retirement and military/civilian service deposit applications.
- Works autonomous with little supervision to ensure accuracy and completeness of retirement packages and military/civilian service deposit packages.
Qualified Candidates Must Have:
- Minimum of 8 years of HR services experience.
- Knowledge of Office of Personnel Management (OPM) laws, regulations and standards to include CSRS, CSRS Offset and FERS.
- Strong skills in using the technical systems that support Federal HR services.
- Exceptional customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Carries out major assignments in conducting the operations of the activity.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Telecommuting Options: Hybrid
Work Location: USA MS Stennis Space Center
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Job date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 01:56:23 GMT
Click Here To Apply