Job title: HVAC Mechanic II
Company: Mississippi University for Women
Job description: Position Information
Position Title HVAC Mechanic II
Unit Name Facilities Management
Salary Grade 4
Number of Months 12 months
Full-time or Part-time Full-Time
Hours per week 40
Proposed Annual Salary, Hourly Rate or One-time payment
- Ability to lay out reference points for installation of structural and functional components.
- Drills holes and installs mounting brackets and hangers into floor and walls of building.
- Lifts or hoists and aligns components into position.
- Screws, bolts, rivets, welds, and brazes parts to assemble switches, gauges, wiring harnesses, valves, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, and pipes.
- Starts system, observes operation, reads gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms such as valves, controls, and pumps to control level of fluid, pressure, and temperature in system.
- Dismantles malfunctioning systems and tests components.
- Replaces or adjusts defective or worn parts to repair systems.
- Insulate shells and cabinets of systems.
- Installs wiring to connect components to electric power source.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required; some college or technical school coursework and/or practical knowledge required
- At least 3 years of experience in work described in the essential duties
- Valid driver’s license
- Universal Refrigerant Certification
- Perform work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of materials, tools and techniques of the trade
- Must have ability to respond to emergencies after hours when on call as required
Job Description Summary
Installs and repairs industrial and commercial refrigerating systems.
Hours of Availability
Background Check Statement
Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation. A prior conviction reported as a result of the background investigation DOES NOT automatically disqualify a candidate from consideration for this position. However, failure to disclose may disqualify a candidate.
Requisition Detail Information
Requisition Number FY20414NF
Open Date 09/15/2022
Will this job have a specific close date? No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please upload a copy of Universal Refrigerant License in required “Other Document”.
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 06:41:27 GMT
Click Here To Apply