Alan Ritchey Inc 3.5★
The lead shipper/packer position coordinates activities of workers responsible for sorting and packing product and preparing it for same day shipping.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist managers by identifying work procedures; prepare work schedules and expedite workflow.
- Issue written and oral instructions.
- Examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers.
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances.
- Share the cultural concepts of situational leadership and facilitate the application of the transition to situational leadership.
- Monitor shippers’ and packers’ productivity.
- Assist employees with work process problems.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Learning Orientation.
- Performance Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Business Acumen.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Diversity and Inclusion.
- Presentation Skills.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management of the employees within that department.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and can be loud.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires 0% travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience
- 1 year warehouse experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must be able to pass a United States Postal background check