- Flexible schedule
- Mobile applications
Facility Maintenance Technician (Part Time, Contracted)
Otter Self Storage is seeking an independent contractor to provide weekly maintenance services to our automated self-storage facility operations. We are actively searching for an individual who is looking to take on a position and responsibilities that will help us in keeping a clean, safe and well maintained storage facility for our customers and brand image.
Storage Facility & Maintenance Responsibilities
Monitor facility to ensure condition meets company guidelines and perform minor and routine maintenance activities throughout the facility to make certain everything is consistently in working order.
Provides upkeep of the appearance of the interior and exterior of the property by sweeping hallways, stairs and storage spaces, performing light landscaping, and trash removal.
Uses equipment to safel maintain the property and storage units according to instruction.
Ensure rental units are maintained properly, and in a rentable, customer-ready state.
Reports maintenance requirements, potential equipment failures and unsafe conditions to management.
Ensures the facility has sufficient supplies on hand to fulfill job duties and keeps work area clean.
Maintains building accessibility & security by ensuring fence, gates, keypads, and security systems are in working order.
Perform and document basic inspection and maintenance completed.
Specific Duties Include:
Visit facility 1-2 times per week to perform assigned tasks, and monitor for new safety and property issues arising.
Respond to, complete and update work orders in a timely and effective manner through a web-based work order system on a tablet or smartphone. Some of these requests include:
- Cleaning and Maintenance of newly vacated rental units.
- Application and removal of combination overlocks.
- Lock cutting (angle grinder and/or drilling of cylinder locks).
- Uploading of photos of units on schedule for auction.
- Minor repairs and general maintenance requests.
- Utilize and update all mobile applications using a smartphone or tablet to keep system data updated and accurate.
- Inspect facility for deficiencies.
- Trash Removal.
Report any facility deficiencies or safety hazards to management in a timely manner.
Ensure all company policies, standards and procedures are maintained and followed consistently.
Perform basic landscaping and weather-related maintenance to the property such as lawn care, weed control, sand & salt spreading, etc.
The successful Facility Maintenance Technician (Contracted) candidate will have:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Access to a mobile device or tablet with working camera and reliable data network.
- Basic knowledge of both web based and mobile application use.
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with Otter mates and customers.
- Ability to handle basic repairs and use simple tools and equipment according to instruction.
Note: You must have the ability to work Saturdays and Sundays and some Holidays as demand warrants.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by you to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, you will be frequently required to stand, sit, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, reach, climb or balance on a ladder, and maneuver around physical properties while performing various maintenance and inspection duties. On occasion, you may need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a part-time, Contracted Position, 1099 Equivalent.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $30.00 – $40.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ocala, FL 34475: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- LLC, compliant with state regulations (Preferred)
- certificate of general liability insurance coverage? (LLC) (Preferred)
Work Location: One location