Job title: Interventional Radiology Technologist
Company: University of Arkansas System
Job description: Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter “Find Jobs” in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position: Other Health Care – Medical Ancillary Support
Job Type: Regular
Sponsorship Available: No
Institution Name: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more:
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at .
Department: ICE | IGSL Radiology IOP C
Summary of Job Duties: General Interventional Radiology Technologist responsibilities:
- Educates and prepares patients for procedures by reviewing medical history, draping and positioning the patient, preparing procedural/testing sites and administering contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice
- Assists physician with performing diagnostic and therapeutic vascular interventional procedures
- Analyzes results and takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues
- Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment, and exam to ensure patient’s understanding and cooperation
- Assists with monitoring patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment
- Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary and keeps coworkers informed of status
- Responsible for daily work assignments.
- Serves in active role in maintaining ACR accreditation and various JCAHO, FDA, ODH inspections.
- Assists in interviewing, selection, and orientation/training of new staff members
- Ensures proper staff education requirements
- Actively involved in the discipline process when necessary, particularly verbal and written counseling
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform duties
- Keeps rooms stocked and equipment cleaned according to department standards. Performs other duties as required or directed.
- Adheres to time and attendance policy and discusses any variation from the schedule with manager.
- Demonstrates willingness to assist in departmental changes to improve workflow and learn new functions and duties as needed to keep department viable.
- Participates in rotating on call schedule
*Other duties may be assigned to this position.
Machines or equipment used regularly in your work. Give percent of time spent in operation of each.
List machines or equipment used regularly by the person in this position and the percent of time they use the equipment.
Minimum Qualifications or Competencies (Essential for the job – the applicant must have at the time of hire) Basic competency include but are not limited to education, experience, licensed require, or physical requirements.
Ability to Follow Oral Instruction, Read and Write
High School, GED or formal educational equivalent
Education, special or professional:
Graduate of a Radiological Technology program
Experience, length in years and kind:
New graduate or less than 1 year experience
Licenses, certificates, or registration
Registry eligible or Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist.
An Arkansas Radiologic Technologist License must be obtained prior to start date.
IR Advanced Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist must be obtained by 11/1/2020 (current employee) or within 12 months from date of hire (RAD.AD.1.14).
Salary Information: “Commensurate with education and experience”
Required Documents to Apply: License or Certificate (see special instructions for submission instructions), List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume
Optional Documents: Proof of Veteran Status
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity: N/A
Frequent Physical Activity: N/A
Occasional Physical Activity: N/A
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Job date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 06:52:10 GMT
Click Here To Apply