State of South Carolina
Job title: Investigator IV / Driver Fraud Supervisor
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: Are you interested in investigating fraudulent claims? Are you a team player with excellent leadership skills, techniques, and the ability to work in a collaborative environment? If your answers are YES, you might be a great fit for this opportunity. The SCDMV is looking for a motivated Fraud Supervisor to join our team. If you’re ready to put your amazing skills to work to help our agency function at its best, we can’t wait to meet you!
This position is located in the Office of Inspector General (OIG) / Fraud and Inspections Unit, Headquarters – Blythewood, South Carolina
****THIS IS AN INTERNAL ONLY POSTING****
Responsibilities of the Driver Fraud Supervisor
- Supervises a group of driver fraud inspectors to include mentoring, guidance, training, approving leave and attendance, completing EPMS evaluations, and handling disciplinary issues.
- Investigates fraud complaints related to the application of motor vehicle documents including identity theft, stolen vehicles, odometer fraud, financial fraud, etc. Documents cases in case tracking software.
- Identifies, gathers, and examines records and other evidence to determine if a violation has occurred and take appropriate actions.
- Review and writes detailed reports outlining findings to provide information to internal investigators or law enforcement for further investigation or prosecution, to support administrative actions and to identify patters of fraud discovered.
- Monitors, evaluates, and analyses compliance with DMV related laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, processes, practices, and procedures by investigating and auditing DMV transactions and reviewing statistical activity reports to detect anomalies, identify fraud trends, or unusual patterns that may indicate fraud or other issues such as training issues, policy issues, internal control issues.
- Examines motor vehicle licensing and title documents to determine validity.
- Assist Internal Affair’s, Internal Audit, and Dealer License with other complex audits and/or investigations.
- Provides input to improve policies, processes, and training; works to establish relationships with other state agencies as it relates to the detection and reduction of fraud.
- Represents the department on committees, as well as at meetings regarding fraud investigative activities and related matters.
- Testifies in court or at administrative proceedings if necessary.
A high school diploma plus two (2) years’ experience as it relates to titling and registration of motor vehicles or an equivalent combination of education, training, and related experience. A bachelor’s degree may be substituted for the required work experience.
A nationwide criminal background check to include fingerprints must be completed prior to assuming the duties of this position.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct investigative programs. Knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations applicable to the job. Ability to conduct in-depth research thru Phoenix system. Knowledge of fraudulent documents.
- Knowledge of investigative techniques, principles, and practices. Ability to analyze facts and reach sound conclusions. Ability to present clear, concise, and comprehensive written and oral reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, law enforcement and the public. Ability to supervise and train subordinates. Ability to respond professionally during stressful situations.
- Employee works under general supervision, must be able to independently react to critical situations making complex, objective decisions exercising sound judgements.
- Employee must operate within the guidelines of DMV and State policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Must have the ability to communicate with the public, employees, and Law Enforcement Officers.
- Must possess a valid SC driver’s license.
What’s in it for you?
At the SCDMV you get to be part of exceptional team and diverse culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles offers an exceptional benefits package for full time employees (FTE) employees.
- Health, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance for employees, spouse and children (also available for temporary employees working over 30 hours per week)
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs (optional for Temporary Employees)
So what are you waiting for? Come be a part of a fast-growing, dynamic agency, and join a team that offers an opportunity for accelerated professional growth!
The Department of Motor Vehicles is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education.
Expected salary: $47419 – 50044 per year
Location: Richland County, SC
Job date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 08:39:55 GMT
Click Here To Apply