- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Employment & labor law
- Driver’s License
- Data collection
- Communication skills
- First Aid Certification
- Bachelor’s degree
NEW PERSPECTIVES INC.
Program Director Job Description
Job Summary: Under the general supervision of the Regional Director of Operations, this person supervises management and performs the full scope of responsibilities related to the supervision, maintenance, and program delivery of facilities, employees and consumers as outlined below. The following reflects that company’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Regional Director of Operations may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Working closely with the Case Manager, develop goals and plans for consumers.
- Oversee the growth and performance of Case Manager.
- Ensure observance of all company policies and procedures related to personnel and consumers.
- Ensure timely, effective and appropriate communication with Regional Director of Operations guaranteeing program, consumer and personal objectives are being met.
- Ensure documentation and proper reporting to appropriate authorities is timely and accurate.
- Conduct management coaching and training.
- Understand and ensure facilitation of all ISP objectives .
- Oversee implementation of educational programs and exercises to consumers.
- Ensure detailed reporting per company guidelines is timely.
- Ensure a positive and educational environment to consumers is provided.
- Recruit, interview, and hire required staff.
- Investigate and resolve all employee grievances.
- Assist in terminations and exit interviews for all staff.
- Ensure compliance with labor laws regarding employee discipline.
- Ensure compliance with employee LOA requests and accurate record keeping.
- Ensure compliance with Worker’s Compensation reporting and regulations.
- Manage company’s web based time keeping system, Infinitime.
- Conduct and submit Driver Evaluations no less than 3 times per week.
- Perform site medication audits for Title 22 compliance monthly.
- Conduct employee attendance, time keeping, rest period and meal period audits monthly.
- Conduct employee binder audits for Title 22 compliance monthly.
- Conduct facility audits for Title 17 compliance quarterly.
- Represent New Perspectives Inc. in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintains and follows all workplace safety procedures.
- Adhere to company attendance policy.
- Assist with management training for behavioral management techniques and implementation for consumers who engage in behavioral issues.
- Responsible for overseeing proper educational activities are implemented.
- Perform regular training to management staff for persons with developmental disabilities for
Personal Care (brushing teeth, face washing, grooming, shoe lace tying), Communication (Sign language, pictures, letters, numbers, colors), Socially Appropriate Behavior, and Pre-vocational
Skills (cleaning, car washing, etc).
- Oversee and ensure ALL required daily data collection is completed.
- Oversee and ensure all required mandated reporting is correct and timely.
Desired Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or two years related experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to think clearly and communicate to leaders.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to pass a Behavior Management Test.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English fluently.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A valid California Driver’s License is required.
- Current CPR/FIRST AID certificate
- Cleared LiveScan background check
- Physical with negative TB test.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Use business computer and general software.
- Use general office equipment including, copiers, phone systems, and fax machines.
- Housekeeping – cleaning activity areas, wipe down tables, vacuum, remove trash.
- Driving or riding in company vehicles while transporting consumers.
- Trains others in behavioral management techniques.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
1. Walk, sit, computer work, and stand for long periods of time.
2. Transfer from a sitting position to standing position or a laying position to a sitting position.
3. Lift or carry between 100 lbs. to 150 lbs.
4. Use back, legs, chest muscles, arms, biceps, hands and fingers to handle objects, tools or controls as required.
5. Occasionally the employee must twist, bend, stoop, and reach for items, crouch or kneel.
6. Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close and distant vision appropriate for driving.
7. Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the American’s with Disabilities Act
The performance of this position normally requires exposure to typical outdoor (community parks, museums, tourist attractions), vehicle, and classroom areas where under certain conditions may require the use of instructional tools. Primary environment: Temperature of work area may be affected by outside temperatures.
Office lighting provided.
IMMIGRATION REFORM AND CONTROL ACT OF 1986
At the time of appointment applicants must provide documents evidencing identity and authorization to work in the United States. New Perspectives Inc. is obligated to examine every employee’s documents that (1) identify the individual and (2) are evidence of authorization to work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27,907.20 – $169,488.51 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Clarksdale, MS 38614: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location