Role and Responsibilities:
The Community Services Associates, Inc. (CSA) Land Use Monitor is responsible for the inspection of Sea Pines residential and commercial properties for compliance with and enforcement of the Sea Pines Land Use Covenants and Restrictions. The enforcement of the Sea Pines Architectural Review Guidelines, Beach Trust Land Restrictions, CSA Encroachment Policy, Town of Hilton Head Island Land Management Ordinance (LMO), Town Municipal Codes as well as Rules and Regulations established by the Community Services Associates, Inc. (CSA) Board.
Description of Duties:
· Proactively monitors and conducts community inspections as per applicable covenants, quality of life concerns, rules, policies, and regulations.
· Monitors exterior residential additions/alterations of properties.
· Familiar with the development of Sea Pines, history of property development, CSA owned lands, land ownership throughout the Community, private regimes, and property easements.
· Receive and respond to complaints/concerns is a timely manner.
· Conduct field investigations of reported concerns. Determine a remediation process.
· Knowledgeable of the Town of Hilton Head Land Use Ordinances and codes enforcement.
· Knowledge of the Sea Pines ARB Guidelines.
· Report appropriate violations/concerns as needed.
· Familiarity with the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control Storm Water Program.
· Maintain effective working relationships with Sea Pines ARB, the Town of Hilton Head, State and Federal Agencies, utility providers, contractors, consulting engineers, property owners and guests. Is knowledgeable about the various regimes in Sea Pines.
· Keeps inspection records, makes reports, monitors cases, and maintains appropriate files.
· Collect information regarding deficient properties, as required.
· Perform office related functions including preparing correspondence, presentation materials, responding to inquiries from property owners, staff, and others.
· Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
· Conduct site visits as needed of roadways, lagoons, beach boardwalks, pathways and leisure trails for safety, cleanliness, and aesthetics.
· Keep Director well informed on a routine basis.
· Work in collaboration with senior staff to meet organizational goals and objectives to achieve desired outcomes.
· Flexible work schedule based on the needs of the Community, will require weekends, evenings, including occasional holidays.
· Respond to emergencies and weather-related events as needed.
· Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards. Utilize appropriate personal protective equipment accordingly.
· Additional duties assigned by Direct Report and or senior staff.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Property Management or closely related field and 4-5 years of property/grounds experience management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Familiar with Microsoft office suite 365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Strong verbal, written communication, sound organization and customer relations skills.
· Ability to make public presentations
· Valid Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds
Must be broad based in skills with extremely high proficiency dealing with Employees, Property Managers, Industry Professionals and Property Owners
Must be able to act without immediate supervision and exhibit sound judgment skills
Both written and verbal communication skills are required.
Property owner contact and interaction with CSA employees is an integral part of this position.
Performs emergency or disaster-related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,764.00 – $70,146.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Property/Grounds Management: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location